to the Bleeping Computer Am I Infected Forum. My name is Phil, and if you would permit, since we will be working together, I would like to address you by your first name, if that is alright with you.
I am sorry to hear of the issues you are having with your computer. It does sound like you have some persistent adware. I would suggest that we run a few scans to see if we can root it out.
ESET Online Scanner using Internet Explorer:
Note 1: These instructions are for Internet Explorer only! If you're using Chrome or Firefox, you will need to download and install the ESET Smart Installer tool before it can scan. See instructions here.
Note 2: You will need to disable your currently installed Anti-Virus, how to do so can be found here.
*Click this link to open ESET OnlineScan.
* When prompted allow the Add-On/Active X to install.
* In the new window that opens, tic the radio button next to Enable detection of potentially unwanted applications.
* Then click "Advanced settings", and make sure there is a checkmark next to only the following items (uncheck everything else):
- Remove found threats
- Scan archives
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
*Then click the button and ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
*When the scan completes, click List Found Threats (only if anything is found).
*Then click Export, and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
*Click , then click to exit ESET Online Scanner.
Don't forget to re-enable your antivirus when finished!
Download and install Malwarebytes Anti-Malware:
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware to your desktop.
- Double-click mbam-setup-2.2.*.****.exe and follow the prompts to install the program ( * = program version numbers may vary - always get the latest version).
- At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to the following:
- Launch Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
- A 14 day trial of the Premium features is pre-selected. You may deselect this if you wish, and it will not diminish the scanning and removal capabilities of the program.
- Click Finish.
- On the Dashboard, click the 'Update Now >>' link
- After the update completes, click the 'Scan Now >>' button.
- Or, on the Dashboard, click the Scan Now >> button.
- If an update is available, click the Update Now button.
- A Threat Scan will begin.
- When the scan is complete, if there have been detections, click Apply Actions to allow MBAM to clean what was detected.
- In most cases, a restart will be required.
- Wait for the prompt to restart the computer to appear, then click on Yes.
- After the restart once you are back at your desktop, open MBAM once more.
- Click on the History tab > Application Logs.
- Double click on the scan log which shows the Date and time of the scan just performed.
- Click 'Copy to Clipboard
- Paste the contents of the clipboard into your next reply.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save the file to your Desktop.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
- The tool will start to update the database, please wait for it to complete the update.
- Click on I Agree button.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Report button...a logfile (AdwCleaner[R#].txt) will open in Notepad for review (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
- A copy of all logfiles are saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder which was created when running the tool.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool again. Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
- The tool will start to update the database, please wait for the update to complete.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.
- After the scan has finished...
- Uncheck any PUP and adware applications that you want to keep.
- Then this time click on the Clean button.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).
- Copy and paste the contents of that logfile into your next reply.
- A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder.
This step is optional. The Junk Removal Tool (JRT) utility does not give you the option to keep certain potentially unwanted programs (PUPs) that you might want to keep, unlike AdwCleaner. JRT will scan and delete what it finds without any user intervention. If there are no PUPs that you want to keep, then I would recommend running JRT as it does find and remove some apps that are not removed by the other tools we have run.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
I would like you to paste the logs from your three or four scans into your next reply. I will examine those and determine what our next step should be. Please let me now also how your computer is running after the scans.
If there is evidence of serious infection, you might have to open a new thread in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware and Malware Removal Logs Forum, but let's not get ahead of ourselves yet.
If I haven't responded to your reply in 24 hours, please send me a personal message.
Have a great day.