Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Fresh Win 10 install, but installed my printer three times; how do I fix this?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 midimusicman79

midimusicman79

• Members
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:16 AM

Hi all!

I have MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, running on my newly custom built workstation computer from www.ps.no and was trying to install my Canon MG7150 Inkjet Printer with Win 10 compatible drivers.

I downloaded three available installation files (MG7100 series MP Drivers v. 1.01, Complete Driver and Software Bundle for MG7100 series and MG7100 series XPS Printer Driver v. 5.70) from www.canon.com, but when I was done with the installation I realized that I had installed my printer three times, as it was listed as Canon MG7100 Series Printer, Canon MG7100 Series Printer (Copied 1) and Canon MG7100 Series Printer (Copied 2).

The printer is installed on our WLAN and is working, however:

What is the best way to fix this; namely how do I uninstall the last two printers, preferably without ending up with two 'ghost' printers?

Thank you very much in advance!

Regards,

midimusicman79

Edited by midimusicman79, 28 November 2015 - 08:20 AM.

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 30 November 2015 - 02:56 PM

Delete the unwanted printers...since each is the same, it doesn't matter which ones you delete...you only want 1 reflected as installed..

It's not uncommon for a printer to be installed multiple times, inadvertently, IME. 

Louis

#3 midimusicman79

midimusicman79
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 691 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 09:18 AM

Hi, Louis!

Thank you for the advising reply! :)

I have now used Device Manager to uninstall the unwanted printers, and luckily this went very well, which actually is more than I at first expected; I guess it takes some time to get used to Win 10 after having used Win XP for 10 years in a row... :lol:

Thank you very much for the help! :) The issue has been successfully resolved! :thumbup2:

Regards,

midimusicman79

MS Win 10 Pro 64-bit, EAM Pro/EEK, MB 3 Free, WPP, SWB Free, CryptoPrevent Free, NVT OSA and Unchecky, WFW, FFQ with uBO, Ghostery, Grammarly Free and HTTPS Ew. Acronis TI 2018, K. Sw. Upd. AM-tools: 9-lab RT BETA, AdwCleaner, Auslogics AM, aswMBR, Avira PCC, BD ART, catchme, Cezurity AV, CCE, CKS, ClamWin P., Crystal Sec., DDS, DWCI, EMCO MD, eScan MWAV, ESS/EOS, FGP, FMTB, FRST, F-SOS, FSS, FreeFixer, GMP, GMER, hP BETA, HJT, Inherit, JRT, K. avz4, KVRT, K. TDSSKiller, LSP-Fix, MB 3 Free, MBAR BETA, MA Stinger, NMC, NoBot, NPE, NSS, NVT MRF (NMRF), OTL, PCC, QD, RCS, RSIT, RKill, Rs, SC, SR, SAP, SVRT, SAS, SL, TMHC, TSA ART, UHM, Vba32 AR, VRS, WR (AiO), Xvirus PG, ZAM, ZHPC, ZHPD and Zoek. I have 23 Years of PC Experience. Bold = effective.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,895 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 01 December 2015 - 04:22 PM

:thumbup2: , nice going.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users