Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer Management Shows Unknown Services

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:13 PM

I have two services that show up under services in the Computer Manager: Nwcdbh02ist and Udfstapteet

They also show up in the Ultimate TroubleShooter. In that program, when I click on "Explore Services Folder" for each of these services, I get a message saying that the folder cannot be found.

The Computer Management provides no information about either service other than they are both set to manual, local service and that there are no dependencies on them in either direction. Both services are stopped - I did not set them that way.

Any ideas of what these are? I've already searched the file database here on BleepingComputer and got nothing. A Google search also brings up nothing. Given the rather Germanic appearance to the name, I think Udfstapteet might be related to SpyBot's TeaTimer which I had installed for a while, but I'm not sure. :thumbsup:

Orange Blossom
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• Topic Starter

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:46 PM

Posted 02 August 2006 - 03:52 AM

Well, I have discovered one small bit of information. In looking at my HiJack this Log, I have found that Nwcdbh02ist is connected with the NVIDIA Corporation. In googling that company I find that they deal with Graphic cards and video software including software that decodes DVD's for Windows Media player and Microsoft Media Player.

Since my graphic card doesn't appear to be from NVIDIA, I'm left with the conclusion that is related to my media players. I'll have to see if I can play a DVD, and if I can't I'll have to figure out how to get the rest of the software this service belongs to.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users