Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Browsers won't load anything after deleting viruses

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Legend7

Legend7

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

Basically I had a malware infection on my Windows 7 laptop which I removed with malware bytes. After that though my internet browsers wont load anything but my steam friends list still loads and I can still play games online. So I did a full scan with MSE and found some virus called "browsermodifier" so I deleted that but still no internet. I've tried opening up the cmd and running the commands to reset my IP and flush dns etc none of that worked. I can't get a ping on Google but I can get one on my home IP so the internet driver is working. I've tried running FSS but my internet services are all fine. I've tried going into internet options LAN settings and making sure the proxy setting isn't ticked. No matter how much I Google this on my phone none of the solutions work!!

Please can anyone help me?

Edited by hamluis, 27 November 2015 - 12:07 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 03:54 PM

Have you tried resetting the windsock?Might be corrupted from the virus.

1. Run elevated command prompt.
2. Type netsh winsock reset > ENTER:
3. The following message should be seen: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset."
4. Restart computer.

Reset the TCP/IP stack if its corrupted

Run elevated command prompt.

Type netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Restart computer

You could also run the system file checker if you havnt already,instructions here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

Edited by Wolverine 7, 27 November 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#3 Legend7

Legend7
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:21 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 08:41 AM

Have you tried resetting the windsock?Might be corrupted from the virus.

1. Run elevated command prompt.
2. Type netsh winsock reset > ENTER:
3. The following message should be seen: "Successfully reset the Winsock Catalog. You must restart the computer in order to complete the reset."
4. Restart computer.

Reset the TCP/IP stack if its corrupted

Run elevated command prompt.

Type netsh int ip reset reset.log hit

Restart computer

You could also run the system file checker if you havnt already,instructions here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

I already tried resetting the winsock and TCP/IP. Turns out the problem was my drivers were somehow corrupted by the virus. All I had to do was delete all my network drivers and reset the computer to reinstall them. However I'm still infected and there's a new thread for that here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/597782/scanned-and-deleted-all-malware-but-steam-is-still-infected/

#4 Wolverine 7

Wolverine 7

• Members
  • 746 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:55 PM

Ok cool,it needs to go to the malware response team,hope you get it resolved ok.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users