Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I Think I Have A Trojan Virus(trojan Backdoor Generic3)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 mkaulen

mkaulen

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 09:44 PM

Hello,

I recently received a message from AVG that

my computer was infected with the trojan backdoor Generic3. I think that my wife accidently downloaded it when downloading a game on the internet. I just spent $300 getting my computer totally fixed last month due to all kinds of issues it was having so I am trying to be very cautious on the internet. I thought my wife was too, but I guess not :thumbsup: .

AVG did not seem to be able to remove (Heal) this or even move this to quarantine. I searched this site for help and found a forum that discusses what might help. Because of this I downloaded gmer and ran the scan under the rootkit tab. I am not sure how to post what it told me (I am not very computer savvy). I did state that some of these files have been manipulated and some are in red type. I guess that I am stuck at this point. How can I get this off my computer?? If anyone could help me out I would greatly appreciate it.
-Thanks
Matt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 mkaulen

mkaulen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 10:00 PM

I just wanted to add the details of what AVG states: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\yvbb01.dll and the virus is Trojan Horse Backdoor.Generic3.CEQ

-Matt

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,560 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:19 AM

Posted 24 July 2006 - 08:14 AM

If your running Win XP/2000, download and scan with Ewido Anti-Spyware v4.0 in "SAFE MODE".
Print out the Ewido Install and Scan Instructions.

Then perform these online Virus scans:
[Watch the Address bar in IE. You may receive alerts that "This site might require the following ActiveX control...Click here to install...". Click on that alert and then Click Install ActiveX component.]
Trend Micro Housecall Scan
Panda ActiveScan

Post back if your still having problems afterwards.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users