Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Time to Upgrade Gaming PC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 slyblackdragon

slyblackdragon

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:58 PM

So, the time has come to upgrade my gaming PC. This was build a few years ago with an extreme budget in mind to dabble in PC gaming, and now I am having a few issues keeping up with new games.

Here is my benchmark result: http://www.3dmark.com/fs/6605963

With a 300 dollar (or less) budget in mind, what would be your recommendations? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:29 PM

Hello:

First I need to know, what games do you play? How much FPS do you want when gaming?

With $300 budget, you can upgrade your video card for better gaming performance, but I need to know what games you play first.

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

#3 slyblackdragon

slyblackdragon
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:53 PM

Right now I'm playing Fallout 4, and I'm noticing huge FPS drops during large shootouts, especially in outside environments.

I'm really quite new to pc building, but 60 FPS seems like a nice target.

#4 richcbro

richcbro

• Members
  • 375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:24 AM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:37 AM

This video card is nice, you can get 60+ FPS in Fallout 4 easily. But the CPU might bottleneck the GPU, so I recommend you to upgrade the CPU if possible.

http://www.amazon.com/EVGA-Installed-Backplate-Graphics-04G-P4-3966-KR/dp/B00UOYQ5LA

CPU: Intel i7-8700K 5.3 GHz ------ RAM: 32GB TridentZ 3600 MHz CL16 ----- Motherboard: Asus ROG Maximus X Formula ----- GPU: Zotac GTX 1080 Ti Amp! Extreme ----- Storage: Samsung 960 Pro 1TB -- Samsung 850 Pro 2TB x4

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users