Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Add/remove Programs Problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Elendil

Elendil

• Members
  • 660 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 08:53 PM

After installing, uninstalling, system restoring, and a bunch of other processes, I fail to correct two problems simultaneously. The first problem is corrected and that would be ZA Free 6.5.731 working properly.

The second and current problem is with my Add/Remove Program Application. The list is very different from my usual Add/Remove Programs Application; it is missing many programs of which some are important and security related (Ad-Aware SE, Spybot S&D, etc.). I have CCleaner and RegCleaner, so I checked their uninstall lists only to find the same thing!

I first noticed this problem a few hours ago when I had completed installing Super (A video editor http://www.erightsoft.com/SUPER.html). This might lead some of you experts out there to suspect it is the problem; however, McAfee SiteAdvisor gives Super's website a green rating, so it doesn't seem like it could be the problem. Another possible cause might be the new installation of ZA Free 6.5.731 (I uninstalled ZA 6.5.700 and installed the newest); however, I have uninstalled ZA Free 6.5.731 to no avail.

My next procedure to solve this problem was to system restore it to an earlier time, so I did; however, after restoring my computer to an earlier date, I recieve my ZA Free problem which is: "Error! vsmon.exe can't start because zaspy.dll (or something like that) is missing! Reinstalling the program might help solve this issue." However, whenever I try and reinstall the installer gives me an error saying that it can't access the zaspy.dll file as well!

So know here comes the summary:
Running a XP Professional with all of the latest patches. Using AVG Free, SpywareGuard, WinPatrol Free, Spyware Blaster, Spybot, Ad-Aware SE, A-Squared, and Ewido. The Add/Remove Program Application shows an incorrect uninstall list as well as CCleaner and RegCleaner. If I system restore, then ZA Free gives me a problem saying that it can't work because vsmon.exe can't access zaspy.dll (I'm not sure if this is the correct name, but I'm 99% positive that the file ends with spy.dll and starts with a z). Can someone help me?
Stanford '14
B.S. Candidate | Computer Science

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users