Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor Flickering

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 TheCalcium

TheCalcium

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:34 PM

Fairly often when playing games or normally browsing the internet, my screen starts to do some weird kind of flickering.

When I'm not playing games my screen sometimes has a small square shape of alternating colours. The flickering can show colours from windows behind the one I am currently using. Here is a screenshot of me watching a video with the square flickering: 

http://puu.sh/loxTB/f4bb969724.jpg

The smaller squares within the larger square will alternate their flickering. 

The other for of flickering I get which is extremely annoying to the eyes, is during times when I am playing games. I don't know what causes it, but often really large and black(sometimes pink or green) flickering lines occur very regularly when the flickering begins. The flickering often occurs when I look in a certain direction or the flickering may be centered around a single object (meaning flashing lines appear all around the object whenever it moves). 

I recorded what it looked like when it happened when I was playing League of Legends. Here's a youtube link to the video:

As you can see the flickering is very distracting and strains my eyes after a short time. 

Here are my computer specs (supplied by speccy):

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aMKRFcb6K42mgg1QYcCLP6A

I'm not sure if this problem is linked to my monitor, the cables connecting my monitors or my GPU and/or those cables as well.

Please help me, because I want to fix this problem without having to replace hardware.

Edited by TheCalcium, 26 November 2015 - 09:04 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:04 AM

Have you tried reinstalling your graphics drivers?

If you download the driver, do this at the computer manufacturer's website.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 TheCalcium

TheCalcium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:01 PM

I have tried installing the updated drivers. My pc is custom built btw, not sure if that changes anything.
I'll try uninstall the drivers and reinstalling them again.

#4 TheCalcium

TheCalcium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 08:40 PM

I still get the flickering. Dunno what's going on.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 08:51 AM

What are you using for a monitor?

What is the make and model of your PSU?

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

speccy9_zps2d9cdedc.png

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

speccy7_zpsfa02105f.png

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

speccy3_zps1791b093.png

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 TheCalcium

TheCalcium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:21 PM

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ElFBbdE2eEF4el05qncQ0uV

As for my monitor is an AOC E2070SWN 19.5in Widescreen LED Monitor.

My PSU is an Antec High Current Gamer 520W Modular HCG-520M.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,608 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 08:44 AM

Hardware wise I don't see anything to be concerned about.  I'm still leaning toward my first suspect, the graphics driver.  Have you tried reinstalling the driver?

#8 TheCalcium

TheCalcium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:30 PM

I just reinstalled my drivers.

#9 rledbet

rledbet

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 06 December 2015 - 04:58 PM

I have the flashing screen as well. My laptop does it mostly when you wake it up from sleep. I hate to be woken up too, but I don't think it's because it gets angry with me. I believe it's because Windows 10 is about as useful as windows Millennium was. Just another Microsoft pile of steaming XXXX. I swear, the next PC I purchase will be an Apple! More expensive? Yes! But, way better and more reliable than any Microsoft OS device.

Ok, I'm done.

I have searched through many fixes proposed on the web for this flashing problem, and it sure appears that none of them fix the issue. Microsoft support just says that there is probably (PROBABLY??? WTF??) an application that is causing it. they suggest deleting each application until the problem goes away. Oy Va..........

#10 TheCalcium

TheCalcium
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 December 2015 - 05:47 PM

I have the flashing screen as well. My laptop does it mostly when you wake it up from sleep. I hate to be woken up too, but I don't think it's because it gets angry with me. I believe it's because Windows 10 is about as useful as windows Millennium was. Just another Microsoft pile of steaming XXXX. I swear, the next PC I purchase will be an Apple! More expensive? Yes! But, way better and more reliable than any Microsoft OS device.

Ok, I'm done.

I have searched through many fixes proposed on the web for this flashing problem, and it sure appears that none of them fix the issue. Microsoft support just says that there is probably (PROBABLY??? WTF??) an application that is causing it. they suggest deleting each application until the problem goes away. Oy Va..........

That sounds very helpful from microsoft. I also really want to avoid doing that as well because I'll have to redownload a whole bleep load of games and apps and my internet quota simply won't allow it xD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users