Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting printer with Ethernet cable

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 superking75

superking75

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:41 PM

I have a Brother hl-2270 printer that I want to connect to my HP-Envy PC.  I have always used a USB connection (That worked perfectly) but I lent that cable to a friend (don't ask why, i don't know)And I have an Ethernet patch cable. so I connected them together with it. and I can't print anything. what shows up under control panel printers and devices is shownAttached File  Screenshot (22).png   208.83KB   0 downloadsAttached File  Screenshot (21).png   130.23KB   0 downloads

http://www.brother-usa.com/support/ModelInfo.aspx?R3ModelID=hl2270dw#.VleEv3arSUk

Do i have to do something set up wise to get it to print? will the cable not work?  because if the cable will not work I will just go out and get another USB.

Thanks for the help

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 superking75

superking75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 05:53 PM

Ok i just remembered that the printer was originally (when it was in my basement) hooked directly to the router with the same cable. but that is not possible now because of distance

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:35 PM

From reading the QuickStart guide it looks like this is a Wireless printer. You can use the Ethernet cable to connect the printer to your router for initial setup of the Wireless settings and then use the printer wirelessly. Download the QuickStart guide and Network guide. Wireless setup starts on page 14 of the QuickStart guide.

You cannot print via an Ethernet cable. if you want to simply print via USB then get a new cable. Ebay sells them cheap.

#4 superking75

superking75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:48 PM

I don't have the cd-rom from when i got the printer is their any way to download what is needed. or find it on my pc.

when i started to use it on This pc I just pluged it in and started printing

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:20 PM

You can download the full install package here. Select your OS in the dropdown box. The page also has the Wireless setup wizards. I would go through and read your Quicksetup guide first. Also the Network guide.

#6 superking75

superking75
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 155 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:16 PM

ok all don thanks for the help

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,310 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 08:21 PM

No problem, glad you finally got it to work.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users