Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remotely view video without Internet connection?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 JOHNG22

JOHNG22

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:49 AM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:10 PM

Is it possible to remotely view video from wireless cameras to my pc using a router that is not connected to the Internet? Can I use the router to setup a LAN and run the feed from the wifi cameras to my pc or perhaps a receiver to record the video while I'm not there? I own some land that I want to put under video surveillance due to multiple break-ins. There is no internet or cell phone reception just electricity. I have had several trail cameras stolen already, so I figured if I hide some wifi cameras in the trees and place the reciever and router in a hidden and secure location I might finally catch these guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sAyer

sAyer

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 09:37 PM

Remotely view no. You could configure some wireless short range cameras which have to be within 250 to say 400 feet of the laptop. Long range cameras will cost more and give you a little more distance. Then you have to factor in the signal disturbance included with hiding the laptop, running power, and not overheating with the method of hiding the laptop.

Get some signs this site is under Video surveillance and place some battery powered sensor flood lights and put them high in the trees where no one can reach them pointed down. See if they take the bait and leave.

The wireless webcam thing is really not feasible.

Good Luck

#3 JOHNG22

JOHNG22
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 01:03 AM

Those are some good ideas, and are much more cost effective too.  I think I may toss in an additional motion sensor connected to an air raid siren. 

Thank You 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users