Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error 1962 Lenovo no operating system found

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 brcode605

brcode605

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:47 AM

I have a lenovo system that can't find the sytem disk Need help Contorl alt delete only gets me a blank screne and any key gets me the same error message

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 6,803 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:26 PM

If the OS cannot be found on the hard disk you are faced with having to boot from a recovery disc.

If you don't have one then find someone who's got the same version of Windows and same bit-count [32 vs 64] (since you're here I presume that's Windows 10) and have them create one for you.

Alternatively, Lenovo machines generally have a recovery drive built in and a key sequence you have to hit while the machine is booting to invoke it.  However, there could be complications with this method if your computer is one that has been upgraded from an earlier version of Windows, since the recovery would be for whatever your computer was "born with."

Depending on the age of the disc in question it could also be entering the hardware failure stage.  If you get things up and running you definitely need to run a comprehensive disc checking utility to see if failure of any sectors or any other kind is detected.

Edited by britechguy, 26 November 2015 - 07:28 PM.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (my website address is in my profile) Windows 10 Home, 64-bit, Version 1709, Build 16299

Here is a test to find out whether your mission in life is complete.  If you’re alive, it isn’t.
             ~ Lauren Bacall

#3 harrythomas

harrythomas

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 12:29 AM

The 1962 is a error message that states to the cable from the hard drive to the motherboard. Check that cable and make the appropriate changes if require 

#4 El Boyero

El Boyero

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:51 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:36 AM

Lot of problems upgrading Lenovo laptops to Windows 10. Both the recovery and the QS buttons doesn´t work after upgrading. Beside that WiFi unavailable after upgrading. Mine is a IdeaPad S10-3,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users