Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

files .xlsx ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jemishrusto

jemishrusto

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 10:29 AM

i got a problem with some files i recovered with " PC inspector File Recovery"... the prob is that 2 out of the 4 are damaged or something like that... when i open them it says that is impossible to open the file cuz its format or extension is not valid.

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 26 November 2015 - 07:54 PM.
Moved to 'Business applications'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,904 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:42 AM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:58 PM

.XLSX is the standard extension for 2007 and later versions of Excel files, part of the MS Office suite.

Try opening them in either Libre Office, or if you have a version of Excel older than 2007 you need the file converter package from MS, a free download. Google 'MS Office 2003 file converters'.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Zahid Iqbal1

Zahid Iqbal1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:42 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:06 AM

Install office 2007 or later. It will open. Otherwise convert it

#4 antonforgman

antonforgman

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:42 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:44 AM

Sucks to hear. Few weeks and lots of data old. Still holding my hopes someone else has some ideas, but I was already thinking what you confirmed.
http://forums.windowsforum.org/index.php/topic/52937-cant-open-file-xls-and-xlsx/
If the file itself is corrupt, then there's little hope of recovery. When drives corrupt and file utilities attempt to recover, it's very much hit or miss whether you'll get any data intact.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users