Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Updates will not install. Error code 800F0900 for all updates.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 happyworker

happyworker

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 06:47 AM

Suddenly Windows 7 has stopped installing Windows Updates. It downloads, then creates restore point, starts installation, but then comes back with the error code 800F0900. This happens with all the updates when carried out individually, critical or optional. I first went through the process of clearing all the Start-up Programs in the Services section of msconfig. As that did not solve it I then stopped all but MS services, and that did not solve it.  I tried the Microsoft .NET Setup Verification Tool. This said there were problems that it could not fix and sent a report to Microsoft.  Following an earlier thread on this site, I installed and used the Windows Repair program from Tweeking.com. This failed to solve the problem. Does any one have any other possible advice to help solve this problem ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,576 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

I would try running the System Update Readiness Tool:  http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=20858 .

Louis

#3 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:07 PM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 11:40 AM

Use my batch script to reset Windows Update components then check to see if issue has been resolved.

"Reset Windows Update Components"
http://www.whitehatforums.net/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=18

Posted Image

#4 happyworker

happyworker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 10:39 AM

UPDATE:-

Hi hamluis,

I have already tried the "System Update Readiness Too"l, just forgot to list it as one of the optioned tried. Obviously it did not work; otherwise would not have been posting the query.  Thanks anyway.

Hi Freebooter,

Have just tried your" Reset Windows Update Components" program, but did not work. Thanks anyway.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users