Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window Crashes

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 guiyak1

guiyak1

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:41 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:47 PM

I'm not able to Run PERFMON System Health Report.  Not responding.

· OS - Windows Vista 
· x86 (32-bit) 
· What was original installed OS on system? Vista
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system)  
· Age of system (hardware)  2009
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?  2009  no

· CPU  Intel® Core™2 Duo E6550@2.33GHzWin
· Video Card  AMD Radeon HD 5450
· MotherBoard -  Dell   0RY007
· Power Supply - brand & wattage 

· System Manufacturer  Dell
· Exact model number    Inspiron 530

Desktop

Edited by guiyak1, 25 November 2015 - 08:48 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 07:07 AM

Please provide these reports:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE:  If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder.  Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there.  If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP.  If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service.  Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it. 

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp.  Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file):  http://www.carrona.org/setmini.html
More info on dump file options here: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/254649

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

systeminfo:
Please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "systeminfo.exe >%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\systeminfo.txt" (without the quotes) and press Enter.  Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the syteminfo.txt file.  If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back.  Then zip up the .txt file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 guiyak1

guiyak1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:46 PM

Thank you.  I'll try my best with this.

My minidump folder is empty, I don't see a MEMORY.DMP file or any files ending .dmp, .mdmp, or .hdmp.  My system has been set for minidumps.

I've attached the .zip file but I don't know how to save it as a .txt file and I'm also having problems with systeminfo.exe.

Attached Files

#4 guiyak1

guiyak1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 08:15 PM

For the systeminfo, I get access is denied.

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 30 November 2015 - 05:39 AM

Please do not use CCleaner while we're troubleshooting.

There are a couple of BSOD's listed in the WER section for MSINFO32, bu there are no memory dumps for me to look at.

Please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 guiyak1

guiyak1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 04 December 2015 - 01:09 PM

I've been trying to backup my computer but ran out of CD-RWs so I ordered more which will be delivered Monday.  Am I doing this the hard way?  Should I be backing up both my C and D drives?

#7 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:41 AM

Posted 04 December 2015 - 02:55 PM

A better way might be to purchase and use two external HDs for your backups.  I used to use DVD-RWx for music, however once in awhile, a blip would occur, music would skip -- until I reformatted that particular DVD-RW again.  Either way, keep on backin' up!  :)

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

http://collegecafe.fr.yuku.com/forums/45/Computer-Technologies/

Backup, backup, backup! -- Lady Fitzgerald (w7forums)

Clone or Image often! Backup... -- RockE (WSL)

#8 guiyak1

guiyak1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:08 PM

This is what I have:

Installed Physical Memory (RAM)   3.00 GB

Total Physical Memory                   3.00 GB

Available Physical Memory             1.92 GB

Total Virtual Memory                      6.23 GB

Available Virtual Memory                5.10 GB

Do you think I need external HDs for my backups?  Is it possible to use flash drives?  I just want to know my options.  Thanks.

#9 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:15 PM

USB flash drives?  Sure, make sure the usuable GB of any particular flash drive is greater than your OS partition, and greater than your data partition.  Right, I've seen 256GB, I do not know where to find any 512-1TB flash drives.

"Take care of thy backups and thy restores shall take care of thee."  -- Ben Franklin revisited.

#10 guiyak1

guiyak1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:23 PM

I'm confused.  Would a PNY Turbo USB 3.0 Flash Drive work?

Edited by guiyak1, 05 December 2015 - 04:24 PM.

#11 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:30 PM

I'm confused.  Would a PNY Turbo USB 3.0 Flasrive work?

The backups you make have to fit onto the PNY Turbo USB 3.0 Flash Drive [it looks like the largest is 64GB].  Not knowing how large your full-images of your OS and data partitions would be -- well, hey, let Macrium Reflect try it.  Make one backup on the stick, then use Explorer's Properties for that stick "tell" you how much byte-space is used, how much byte-space is free.  You might be able to make several backups on that stick.

[Unless Macrium fixed it, the old Macrium did not warn you in advance that a backup will not fit...]

Edited by RolandJS, 05 December 2015 - 04:34 PM.

#12 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

20151122WDE1_C_S01_full_b1_s1_v1.tib                                98495678 KB  11/22/2015
20151122WDE1_D_S01_full_b1_s1_v1.tib                               233144731 KB  11/22/2015
20151122WDE1_SysRes_S01_full_b1_s1_v1.tib                              10377 KB  11/22/2015
20151124WDE2_C_S02-00-00.mrimg                                      59035158 KB  11/24/2015
20151124WDE2_SysRes_S02-00-00.mrimg                                    10766 KB  11/24/2015
aaTemplate.txt                                                             1 KB   1/31/2015

That's my contents on my WDE1 1TB HD.  We need to convert the above into GBs...

#13 guiyak1

guiyak1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 71 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 04:33 PM

If I go to Computer:

OS ©: 189 GB free of 288 GB

Recovery (D): 1.01 free of 9.99 GB

Is this what you were talking about?

#14 RolandJS

RolandJS

• Members
  • 4,539 posts
  •  

Posted 05 December 2015 - 07:57 PM

OS ©: 189 GB free of 288 GB -- yepper!  I noticed my OS partition usage being 163GB shrunk down to 60GB [as a full-image backup].  My 265GB data partition in use shrunk down to 234GB [as a full-image backup].  Your results may vary somewhate.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users