Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

?????????

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 medab1

medab1

• Members
  • 844 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:45 PM

How can you help if you are not permitted to respond ?

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 November 2015 - 09:00 PM.
Moved from Malware Removal Logs to the appropriate forum

Learn to take screenshots & add them to your posts. :thumbup2:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/43088/how-to-capture-and-edit-a-screen-shot/#entry4532851

Learn to use Google Search.  :busy:

Make full system images to restore to if your computer goes bonkers.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,672 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:23 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:07 PM

Hi medab1 :)

Only approved Staff members, such as Malware Removal Team, Global Moderators, Security Developers, etc. are allowed to assist in the Malware Removal Area. Reason being that malware removal isn't a simple task and involve skills and knowledge that not everyone have, because a single mistake can lead to the loss of data on a system, or make it unusable, forcing the reinstallation of Windows. Therefore, only members that have went through the BleepingComputer's Study Hall Malware Removal program or member of UNITE (in general) are allowed to assist in that section. Everyone else is free to assist in the "Am I Infected? What do I do?" section however. Personally, I recommend only assisting with malware removal if you have experience with it, as like I said above, a single mistake can lead to a disaster when it comes to this.

Edit: It's also specified in the section's description.
VvVDHPG.png

Edited by Aura, 25 November 2015 - 09:08 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here
  • Local time:01:23 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:10 PM

Since you posted the above in Malware Removal Logs Forum, which is only for malware removal help, I am guessing you wanted to reply to a topic in that forum.

If that is the case:

That forum is highly restricted-replies can only be made by the person who started the topic, members of the Malware Removal Team, designated Study Hall Seniors and Juniors and BC staff moderators and above.

We have special rules in place with regards to malware removal to ensure that members only receive help in this complex and critical area of support from those we know are well informed and have been highly trained in the use of tools used in MRL and for security.

At the top of the Malware Removal Logs Forum is this

Only members of the Malware Response Team or Moderators are allowed to help people with logs.

In addition, there is also this on the main forum index page, under Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs:

For security purposes, only authorized personnel may respond to requests for assistance.

Before the system was changed there were good intentioned members who wanted to help and did post to log topics even though they should not have. Anytime this happened, the replies were removed from the topic.

The policy also prevents "Me to, I have the same problem" posts in MRL topics.

We appreciate your desire to help and hope you understand the policy is in place for the protection of those seeking help with malware removal.

The other forum for malware removal, Am I Infected, has no restriction on who can post help there. We constantly monitor Am I Infected to make sure the advice given is correct. If you feel you can help there please read this first nstructions for posting advice in Am I Infected Forum

Edited by Queen-Evie, 25 November 2015 - 09:11 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users