Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Degradation of Internet Connection Speed

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 m.hoyer

m.hoyer

• Members
  • 43 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:36 PM

Beginning this past Friday, I have had enormous problems with Internet connection speed.  I had Bitdefender Plus installed; I have scanned the computer with that, Malwarbytes and even run ComboFix, but found no infection on the computer.  The seems to be with something either downloading or uploading from my computer - none of the other computers on the network seem to be affected.  In a three hour period on Monday, our network downloaded more than 10GB of data - though none of us were downloading anything at all.  While I'm writing this, I'm running MalwareBytes again, just it in case some new profile gets picked up. 

Any suggestions on how I should proceed?

Thanks for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:12 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:16 PM

Please...initiate a new topic, following Steps 6-8 of Preparation Guide, Before Using Malware Removal Tools and Requesting Help - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic34773.html and paste your ComboFix log data into the new topic, along with the requested FRST data.  That topic is to be opened in the forum which reflects the Prep Guide, do not post any other data in this topic (AII Forum).

Once that is done, this topic will be closed and all comments should be directed to your new topic in the Malware Removal Logs forum.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users