Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do i download the newest fonts so i can see the newest unicode emojis

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Teisei

Teisei

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:25 AM

the problem is i can't see the newest emojis people are posting on facebook.

i don't rely use them my self but a lot of people seem to like to use emojis instead of actual words and it makes it hard to understand what they are saying when half of each of their sentences are just squares.

at first i thought it might be a facebook issue

but after some testing and such i discovered that i couldn't see the emojis on any website...

this lead me to a chrome adon that did allow me to see about half of them.... but not all of them... and the adon used its own custom looking emojis that were really big and ugly.

finally after doing some more research to try and find some thing else to replace that with i found out that my font list is out of date and needs updated to the current unicode font list.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,447 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:33 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:01 PM

You could have a look here -  http://symbolcodes.tlt.psu.edu/web/unicode.html

Or google 'Unicode fonts', Unicode fonts list' or even 'Newest unicode fonts'.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Teisei

Teisei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2015 - 12:46 AM

the only download links i am seeing there are for language fonts... i already installed all language fonts when i installed windows.

and googling for the newest version was the first thing i tried... "unicode 9.0 emoji" / "Unicode Version 9.0 download" and so forth.... i even tried looking for a 8.0 version download....

i am pretty sure i already have 8.0.... but thought if i could find a website with an older version it might have the newer download also.....

people are starting to use these stupid emojis in skype and raidcall and crap....

#4 Teisei

Teisei
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 03 December 2015 - 10:45 PM

Update:
still looking for a download...

seems i might have to get the IE 11 update since it is some how linked to that update... hope i can uninstall IE after.  >.>

also seems chrome doesn't support unicode 8 and maybe even 7.
also found out unicode 8 is the current version..... all this info/talk on these websites about unicode 9 and it isn't even out yet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users