Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Domain user problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Principis

Principis

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:32 AM

2 weeks ago (the weekend after w10 1511 launched) I clean installed w10 on a PC we had some troubles with.

Everything worked fine. After I added the PC to the domain (I used the same name as before so I didn't have to change anything) and logged on with our domain user I had some weird error from a program that it had no disk access also some weird errors that I needed administration rights but everything worked so I ignored it. (The domain user is in the admin group) Last weekend suddenly the PC had no access to the DNS of our server (so some programs that relied on DNS names in the domain didn't work also I couldn't get to Google or anything so no DNS) It wouldn't work at all, I thought it was the server so I rebooted it and then it worked(that was sunday). Monday I had the same problems so I changed Ethernet ports on the PC and that solved it but I can't logon on the machine with teamviewer (some weird verification denied error) and also with Radmin (it relies on the domain user and it says it has no access...).

And no I don't want anyone to say remove windows 10 because it works perfect on 10 machines... I will try as last resort to reinstall w10 but rather not.

I hope someone can help me.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ellbristow

ellbristow

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 03:13 AM

For the sake of completeness, I'm assuming this is Win10 Pro, rather than Home? Just wanted to make sure.

Have you checked to see if Windows Defender (or any other firewall software) may have accidentally blocked access to the network, or specifically the DNS server? Maybe try temporarily disabling the firewall to see if that helps. Bit of a long shot, but worth a punt

#3 Principis

Principis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:14 AM

Yeah pro domain?
No I disabled the firewall.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users