Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is this graphics card compatible with my motherboard?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 SpicyChicken

SpicyChicken

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

I don't know how to tell, and there's not much I could find online that could tell me. My computer has a Gateway FX6800-01e motherboard and I'm looking at buying a GeForce GTX 760 graphics card on sale. 

This has come about mainly because I realized I need an upgrade after Star Wars Battlefront refused to run on my computer, so if it's not compatible, are there any other suggestions that are? The minimum specs required are either GeForce GTX 660 2GB or ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DataMedic

DataMedic

Authorized DataMedic Rep

• Members
  • 98 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:24 PM

If the images on this page are correct: http://www.ascendtech.us/gateway-fx6800-01e-core-i7-motherboard_i_mb7gatwtbgm0110.aspx (you can verify it visually) then it looks like there are two PCIe slots so you should be good to go.  Generally the top one is the 16x so be sure to use it rather than the lower slot which is probably only 8x despite the fact that a 16x card will fit there.  It will still work in the lower slot, but it's bandwidth will be restricted to a lower speed.

Edited by DataMedic, 25 November 2015 - 01:26 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users