Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Audio Jack & NT Kenrel & System

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 iiPink

• Members
  • 1 posts
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:41 PM

I'm having trouble with my computer, specifically, the fact that as of last night, when playing audio and having an audio jack connected - my SYSTEM (NT Kernel & System) process, spikes up to use 45-55% of my CPU usage.

I have ran virus scan, malwarebytes and found small threats & removed them. Did not fix the problem.

I have updated my audio driver, and this DID fix the problem - or so I thought....(Temporarily)
Until this morning, where it started happening again.

If I don't have an auxilarly plugged into the audio jack and play sounds, this problem does not occur.

Simply having an audio jack in, and triggering the system volume max sound (by moving the volume in the volume mixer) will cause this spike. However any sound played from the computer (webpages, music etc,.) will cause the spike to occur. Making my computer run very slowly.

I initially thought I had malware, however this must be software/hardware related as I cannot get the spikes to happen any other way.

I'm completely stumped at this point, I've even tried a system restore to a point where this was definitely not happening, to no avail.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated, if you need any more info just ask

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:45 PM

At this point I would uninstall the driver altogether and reinstall it.  Sounds like a corrupt copy of the driver.  

Maybe Windows Updates would even pick it up automatically, but it might be better to just get it from the manufacturer.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users