Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft office 2016/365

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 cstull1217

cstull1217

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:33 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:39 PM

If I'm not in the right forum please let me know. I have an HP Stream notebook 8.1. I got it not knowing that there wasn't much room on the harddrive. I have Onedrive cloud service through Microsoft office 2016/365. I don't use any of the Microsoft office progams, except for word and onedrive. I was wondering if there was a way to individually uninstall the programs I don't use or move all of it to onedrive to get it off my hard drive, as that seems to be whats taking up most of my space.

Thanks!

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 25 November 2015 - 11:09 AM.
Topic moved to 'Business applications'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:43 PM

Hi cstull1217 :)

Microsoft Office allows you to uninstall components separately. To do so, simply go in the Control Panel and uninstall Microsoft Office. It'll ask you if you want to uninstall Office, repair the installation, modify it, etc. Select the option to modify Office, and opt-out the ones you don't need before proceeding.

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Install-or-remove-individual-Office-2010-programs-and-components-aeb80df5-326c-4afc-8064-bd195f560753

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 cstull1217

cstull1217
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:58 PM

I should have added that earlier. I have tried to go through the control panel to uninstall it. It gives me the option to uninstall or fix. If I uninstall, it doesn't give me any option to only uninstall certain programs, its all or nothing. If I click on repair, it gives me the option to do it online or offline. If i do it offline, it does a fix and that is it, if I do it online, I get an error message saying I don't have enough disk space. If I uninstall the whole thing and try to reinstall it, I don't have an option to only install the programs I need. I don't even use Word that much, but my computer came with a promotion of 1 tb of cloud storage, and the only way to get the extra storage is to have office installed. 

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:05 AM

It seems like you're right. I searched a bit more concerning the process for Office 2016, and it seems that it's not possible anymore.

7. Can I install a subset of the Office 2016 applications?

No, the ability to selectively install individual applications is not available with Office 2016. The vast majority of customers prefer the full installation of all of the Office apps so they are assured that they have the ability to open, view and edit any document they may need. We will continue to evaluate feedback on this topic.

Source: https://blogs.office.com/2015/10/01/your-top-questions-about-office-2016-answered/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 cstull1217

cstull1217
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:24 PM

Thanks. I talked to tech support last night. I ended up doing a total reset on my computer, I don't know what I did that took up all my memory, but after a reset it seemed to work for me. Thanks everyone!

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,662 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 01:25 PM

No problem cstull, glad to see that your solved your issue! You're welcome :)

unite_blue.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users