Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Power Point Viewer For Windows 10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 wayne937

wayne937

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:38 PM

I have been doing some searching on Google for a power point viewer for windows 10. Does anyone know of a power point viewer for 10, or is it to new of an operating system to have one?

Edited by hamluis, 24 November 2015 - 04:56 PM.
Moved from Win 10 Support to Business Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 06:49 PM

This might be worth a look, I believe it is a free download -

http://www.foxpdf.com/PowerPoint-Viewer/PowerPoint-Viewer.html

Chris Cosgrove

#3 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 07:00 PM

Chris, I checked out that website. It list the operating systems it is compatible with, but windows 10 is not one of them. Thanks anyway Chris, much appreciated.

#4 Zahid Iqbal1

Zahid Iqbal1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 02:05 AM

Make it compatible. Right click on program, go to properties and click on tab. Now compatible with later windows os. and try to run it

#5 wayne937

wayne937
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 229 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2015 - 07:25 AM

Zahid, if it was my computer I would try this, but it is not my computer. I certainly don't want to screw up some one else computer. Just for clarity though, are you saying to click on the power point viewer program, property and then click on tab. What happens, or what are you suppose to do after clicking on tab?

#6 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,728 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 28 November 2015 - 06:41 PM

I too looked at their web-site and their product description does not appear to exclude Win 10 -

Support 2000/XP/2003/Vista/7/2008/8 etc. platforms

The 'etc.' suggest to me that it should run on 10. I would be inclined to download and install it and see what happens. If it doesn't work - or doesn't work very well - you can always uninstall it. The worst that can happen is you get a pop-up when you try to install it saying 'This application is not compatible with Win 10'.

I believe I am correct in saying that most software designed to run on Win 8/8.1 will run on 10. In any case, if you take a look at the Win 10 section you will find people successfully running very old software on Win 10, even stuff written for Win 95 !

Chris Cosgrove

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users