Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Canon BJC-3000 Won't Print

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 maxcalvada

maxcalvada

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

Actually none of our old printers will print anymore...have tried with W10, W7 and WXP.  Currently trying to get a Canon BJC-3000 to print off a W10(just upgraded from W7) - nothing.  I'm told this may be due to the older printers are no longer supported on new OS's.  Is that true or can I do something about it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 7,534 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:37 PM

The BJC-3000 does not even have official Windows 7 drivers on its Canon Support Page.

I can't remember when this printer went out of production, but it was quite a while ago.  The only thing you're going to be able to try is to find the most recent driver that Canon has and see if it will work under Win10 even though it's not tested for Win10.

If that doesn't work you can get a far better Canon printer at the lower end of their line these days for $30 or less.  I love Canon printers, but only buy models with individual ink tanks since these can be obtained in versions with auto-resetting chips that allow them to be refilled at home.

Brian AKA Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

In a modern society where everyone thinks their opinion deserves to be heard nothing annoys me more than individuals who mistake their personal preferences for fact.

~ Commenter TheCruyffGurn on the The Guardian website, 8/13/2014

#3 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,663 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:16 PM

Are all your printers the same, and are you determined to keep using them?

Are you trying to print wireless only?

If you are adventurous you could install a linux OS along side of your windows 10 and print from the linux OS.  It seems as though it is possible but I am not positive about it.  While you are in Linux OS you will have access to all of your windows files to print.

When I selected Linux at the Canon site it said this about linux:

"There is no driver for the OS Version you selected. The driver may be included in your OS or you may not need a driver."

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/Canon/Canon-BJC-3000

Yours is on the Linux list as "Mostly" at this link:

http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/Printing-HOWTO/printers.html

EDIT: Just noticed there are drivers for XP there at Canon.

Edited by pcpunk, 25 November 2015 - 11:27 PM.

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

#4 pcpunk

pcpunk

• Members
  • 5,663 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 11:42 PM

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_7-hardware/canon-bjc-3000-inkjet-printer/f958b9ac-f696-411d-8589-eb59911c3304

I don't quite understand if they solved the issue here but it's worth looking at.  I think they are suggesting that a driver for a different printer will also work?

sBCcBvM.png

Created by Mike_Walsh

KDE, Ruler of all Distro's

eps2.4_m4ster-s1ave.aes_pcpunk_leavemehere

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users