Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Window,s 7 x64,Amd driver,black screen with mouse

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dardone

dardone

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:37 PM

hello,

I have a amd computer I built myself. Its Windows 7 x64. I have a AMD video card HD 7800 Series. I use two monitors. When I use the HDMI port (on the video card) the computer has a black screen with a movable mouse cursor after booting. I can attach the monitor to the HDMI port after I boot and it works but not if I attached before. If I disable the video driver it works. If I start in safe mode it works.

I have a simular AMD build with a AMD 7700 card and does the same thing. I have tried reloading different drivers several times with no fix. Have you heard of such a problem.

I forgot to mention that I have monitors in the DVI ports that have no problem.

Edit: both hdmi cables are connected to hdtv's not monitors.If I disconect the hdmi cable from the hdtv's the video to the other monitors connected

via dvi or vga will then perform normally.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/jInF4RfKEoXA3lyfI3S6ez1

Edited by dardone, 25 November 2015 - 10:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:10 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:10 PM

Have you checked in the BIOS to see if there are HDMI settings that you need to enable?  

You could try doing that on your monitors as well - sometimes the buttons on the monitor itself allow you to change the video output to them.  

Beyond that....try a new HDMI cable maybe?  

Ultimately, you may have to contact AMD - they may have a solution ready for you.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users