Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Factory resets Dell laptop.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mattytun

mattytun

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:07 AM

Hi ive received my brothers "Dell XPS 15 L502X" laptop the reason ive got it is because he wants it back to how it was on the day he purchased it from Dell brand new he said he went through the steps of booting into (safe mode>then following all the prompts as this video shows

Once it has gone through the process of going through the commands and back to the beginning some of the laptop is back to how it was when he bought it, but there are also some left over programs on the laptop like apps he has downloaded what I mean is it's not a proper clean install

When I looked at start>computer>C/drive>users>I see this could this have something to do with not doing a complete factory reset its like its not completely wiping the hard drive clean.

Attached Files

• Attached File  1.JPG   159.89KB   0 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 11:24 AM

I would try running it again, see if maybe it was just a one-off.  Otherwise, talk to Dell directly and see if they have a fix for it.  

#3 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,239 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:37 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:03 PM

Probably didn't choose the true fresh install/factory image option.... try again.

#4 mattytun

mattytun
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 49 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 09:50 AM

Probably didn't choose the true fresh install/factory image option.... try again.

Ok thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users