Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Wireless drivers very messed up

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 AaronJS

AaronJS

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:23 PM

I have been having issues with my Intel Centrino 1030 wireless driver for quite some time. Several months ago my computer began to have problems with connecting to the internet following a windows update. I would fix this by system restoring, then 2 updates later (which is usually 2 times of being shut off) it would break and I would restore again. This continued for several months until now. The computer shut off and then there were no system restore points to which I could restore that would fix the problem. I attempted to uninstall and check for changes in the device manager, which did nothing. I have aa windows 7 64 bit with no internet connection. I have another computer with internet access, burnable CDs and USB flashdrives at my disposal if necessary
Any help is appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sAyer

sAyer

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 12:49 AM

It may be possible that Windows is updating your drivers automatically and for some reason the compatibilty is breaking the network connection.

If this does not work or it was disabled let me know. I have something else you can try.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2500967

#3 AaronJS

AaronJS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:56 AM

I tried that method, and while it probably could have prevented this happening it didn't fix the already screwed up driver

#4 sAyer

sAyer

• Members
  • 52 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:48 PM

Go to the device manager right click on the wireless driver select properties and on the driver tab see if the rollback button is available to you. If not do a system restore and diable the automatic driver updates before you connect to the internet. 

Good Luck

#5 AaronJS

AaronJS
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 10:38 PM

Update: I fixed the problem 

I went into my installed updates, and uninstalled each of them (all 250, took 3+ hours) and proceeded to delete and download a new network driver. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users