Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mounting a Drive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 keronkkumar

keronkkumar

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:13 PM

Looking for a software to mount a drive for sims. something like demon tool but safe. 

i downloaded power iso and it gave me malware :(. Just looking for advice and links to safe mounting tool, until i get the malware sorted.

Edited by hamluis, 24 November 2015 - 06:53 AM.
Moved from Computer Gaming to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:15 PM

Hi keronkkumar :)

If you're using Windows 8 or later, you can mount an .iso by right-clicking on it and selecting Mount. Otherwise, I don't know why you wouldn't want to use DEAMON Tools Lite. I always used it and it's perfectly safe. Same for PowerISO except that it bundles programs (PUPs). You need to pay attention when installing it and opt-out the offers (uncheck them and use a "Custom" or "Advanced" install). If you do that, you'll be able to install the program only and nothing else.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 keronkkumar

keronkkumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:21 PM

hi aura, long time no see :). it only means i messed up my computer again lol.

i'm using win 7. not that i don't want to use it , I'm just scared to, after what just happen with power iso.

when installing power iso , i was looking for the addons. but none that i could see. there was recommended and advance, i prob cancel it about 5 times before i decided to go with recommended.

the word advance scared me a little lol

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:23 PM

I've used WinCDemu for years (since also getting a pile of junkware with another emulator), it free and tiny, also doesn't run when you don't use it... live version available too :)

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:24 PM

The offers are always under the Advanced installation mode sadly. And that mode is the same as the normal one, you just have the option to opt-out the additional programs :) I would still go with DEAMON Tools Lite. Last time I downloaded it, it didn't bundle anything.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#6 keronkkumar

keronkkumar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:25 PM

thank you guys :) .

#7 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,594 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:18 AM

No problem, you're welcome :)

unite_blue.png

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,230 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:22 PM

:busy:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users