Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New mobo/processor/ram installed, problems ever since.

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#1 ediskeum

ediskeum

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 06:56 PM

Hey all, how's it going. I'm sorry to be a bother but I've been having comp trouble that has me pulling my hair out. I recently invested in a new motherboard/cpu. I put everything together and got it on.. installed the drivers, etc. Went to play Fallout and everything seemed fine. After about 20 minutes, I got a blue screen. So I went to a restore point and tried reinstalling everything. Blue screen again. Than it wouldn't let me open any programs.. web browsers, games, etc. All errors. Did a system restore once more and still had the same damn problem. I've tried everything... been working on this issue for the past two days. I don't know what else to do. I tried making a repair cd and that doesn't fix anything for me. I guess since I change my motherboard there is new factory reset now. I've wasted so much time googling/trying to fix this I think I'm gonna snap haha. Does anyone have any idea on what it could be? I have a 750 ti vid card, msi 970a-g43 motherboard, amd fx processor, and 8 gig ddr3 ram. PSU is insignia 520w. I'm at a loss and am seriously begging for help. Trying to think what I also tried... I did the sfc scannow. I've installed new oses and deleted all my partitions. I mean before I couldn't even open a program but now I can so I guess that's an improvement. Any games it will let me play crash in 5/10 minutes. I'm at a total loss and I've tried a few forums before this and either don't get an answer or nobody knows. I'm going so damn crazy! haha. If there is any info I could give you to help please let me know. I want my computer back.

I don't know if this helps but it's also doing some very strange things... sometimes websites will load up other times they won't connect. Games crash. They don't bluescreen, just restart the comp. The launcher of Eve Online can't connect. Sometimes programs will open if i use their shortcut sometimes they won't.

Edited by ediskeum, 23 November 2015 - 07:03 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:58 PM

Hi ediskeum & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Kindly follow the below instructions and upload the ZIP file with your next post so that we could analyse the problem -
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#3 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:00 PM

Hey there! I actually took initiative after waiting a bit ND moved my video card and hard drives to the old mobo and seems no problems now.. could it be faulty mobo? I'm returning it and getting a new one. I'm hoping it's not the new processor. The bsod stopped once I installed 10 but was still getting mad werfault errors. I don't think it could be hardware combatibility right? I mean I completely wiped my hard drives so it wasn't drivers or anything. I'm gonna wait a few hours before I ship the board out to see if anyone else has any ideas.

Edited by ediskeum, 24 November 2015 - 06:16 PM.

#4 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:26 PM

Oh edit no.2: before I send out the mobo, is there a way to check for hardware combatibility issues? Sorry I'm a pain in the behind :(

#5 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:51 AM

As you still have the old system, and it still works fine - then it's either:

- a problem with how you assembled the system (maybe a loose connection).  Try reassembling it again - be very careful to triple check every connection.

- a problem with the mobo.  The test here is that it works in the old mobo

- a problem with the BIOS/UEFI.  Reset it to default and then be sure to update it.  W8/8.1/10 are very sensitive to BIOS/UEFI updates.

- a problem with other components.  Test by removing them.

- a problem with the Windows installation.  Test by clean installing Windows on the new system

- incompatibilities - check the product literature and website for any indications of incompatibilities.

Incompatibilities won't necessarily pop up immediately.  They can wait months or years before showing up.  It sometimes takes a certain combination of changes to reveal that one little incompatibility in a system.

FYI - I had a Lenovo x61t tablet that came with Vista.  I couldn't get W8 to work reliably (but it did work somewhat).  I even took it to Microsoft on one of my trips to get help there.  Many people worked on it until we finally gave up and decided it just wasn't compatible w/W8.  Today that tablet is used by a friend's children and it's working just fine with a copy of W7.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:44 PM

Ok cool good to know. I appreciate the friendly and helpful people here :). I sent the board for a replacement. Me and a friend checked connections, rebuilt it, reinstalled two different versions of Windows multiple times. I'm siding on a mobo issue. When I get a new one (will not be getting msi!) I will update this thread with the results because I hate when people don't share how they fixed their problem. Holiday weekend so it may be a week. I guess for now no fallout 4 :(. Oh well. The wait will make it even better. Back to eve for the week. Talk to you guys soon

#7 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 26 November 2015 - 01:49 AM

Ok cool good to know. I appreciate the friendly and helpful people here :). I sent the board for a replacement. Me and a friend checked connections, rebuilt it, reinstalled two different versions of Windows multiple times. I'm siding on a mobo issue. When I get a new one (will not be getting msi!) I will update this thread with the results because I hate when people don't share how they fixed their problem. Holiday weekend so it may be a week. I guess for now no fallout 4 :(. Oh well. The wait will make it even better. Back to eve for the week. Talk to you guys soon

Sure thing. Let us know how it goes :)

Even we appreciate when someone replies to the thread on how they solved their problem :) . Helps the future visitors. Yep. Sadly no Fallout for you but I have heard a lot of good things about it ;)

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#8 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 10:51 PM

Hey all, took longer than I expected to get a new mobo. So I'm using a different model entirely and got windows installed no problem. After installing windows I got drivers and restartes..... and werfault again... I don't know what to do guys. I waited forever to try again and new completely different motherboard and still same errors. What else could it be? This is taking months to solve this god damn problem.... ughhhhh. Please help!

#9 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2015 - 11:30 PM

Don't mean to double post but maybe this will help. When I put my old build together it works fine but I can't use my new processor in my old build. I check if processor was compatible with video card and it is. Hard drive works fine too. Completely clean install of windows. Processor amd fx 6300. Vid card NVidea 750 ti. I can't figure out this god damn issue

#10 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:21 AM

I'm late for work, but wanted to reply first:

Run ALL of these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

If they all pass, then use this procedure to attempt to isolate the cause:  http://www.carrona.org/strpdown.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#11 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:38 PM

Ok, thank you for taking interest and helping out. I will try those next. Totally understand the late thing haha. I was going to post some images of the errors I have.. went to error viewer and found a plethora of em. One critical, the rest not. Getting em multiple times an hour. kernel power, kernel boot, windows update, etc. But I will try your way. I was just taking every error and googling it.

#12 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2016 - 10:56 PM

So both tests passed with flying colors. No errors. I ran sfc /scannow and it found corrupted files but I am having trouble understanding it. I'm really trying to be self-sufficient, I promise. It's just I can't figure out this dang thing! I ordered new ram to try out a new stick anyways... Newegg wouldn't accept my first mobo return so I'm really starting to get into a money pit situation here. I keep buying new things and it isn't solving the problem. But anyways, the errors from scannow were

CSI    000014ce [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:42{21},l:40{20}]"\??\C:\Windows\fonts"\[l:22{11}]"YuGothR.ttc"; source file in store is also corrupted​

0000363f [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:146{73},l:144{72}]"\??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Default"\[l:24{12}]"MpAvBase.vdm"; source file in store is also corrupted​

19:41:00, Info                  CSI    00005009 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"YuGothR.ttc" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-YuGothic, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-01-02 19:41:01, Info                  CSI    0000500b [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"MpAvBase.vdm" of Windows-Defender-AM-Sigs, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-01-02 19:41:01, Info                  CSI    0000500e [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:22{11}]"YuGothR.ttc" of Microsoft-Windows-Font-TrueType-YuGothic, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-01-02 19:41:01, Info                  CSI    0000500f [SR] This component was referenced by [l:252{126}]"Microsoft-OneCore-Fonts-DesktopFonts-windows-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.aa769378d5daebe8af8c9f1c3efdd70e"
2016-01-02 19:41:01, Info                  CSI    00005010 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:346{173}]"Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.Microsoft-Windows-Client-Features-Package-AutoMerged-windows-Deployment"
2016-01-02 19:41:01, Info                  CSI    00005013 [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:42{21},l:40{20}]"\??\C:\Windows\fonts"\[l:22{11}]"YuGothR.ttc"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-01-02 19:41:02, Info                  CSI    00005018 [SR] Cannot repair member file [l:24{12}]"MpAvBase.vdm" of Windows-Defender-AM-Sigs, Version = 10.0.10240.16384, pA = amd64, nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35} in the store, hash mismatch
2016-01-02 19:41:02, Info                  CSI    00005019 [SR] This component was referenced by [l:242{121}]"Windows-Defender-AM-Default-Definitions-Package~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~10.0.10240.16384.705d28449bc04bbee2e2d693cb759650"
2016-01-02 19:41:04, Info                  CSI    0000501c [SR] Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:146{73},l:144{72}]"\??\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Definition Updates\Default"\[l:24{12}]"MpAvBase.vdm"; source file in store is also corrupted
2016-01-02 19:41:04, Info                  CSI    0000501f [SR] Repair complete
2016-01-02 19:41:04, Info                  CSI    00005020 [SR] Committing transaction
2016-01-02 19:41:04, Info                  CSI    00005025 [SR] Verify and Repair Transaction completed. All files and registry keys listed in this transaction  have been successfully repaired

Does anyone understand this? Could this be the cause of the random game crashing and errors in the error viewer? I haven't seen a werfault In the past day... I guess that is a step in the right direction.

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 06:54 AM

The hardware diagnostics consist of 6 to 8 tests:

- anti-malware scan(s)

- memory diagnostic

- hard drive diagnostic

- video card stress test

- Prime95 Blend test

- more video card stress tests

- CPU test

Which 2 did you run?

Please run the others also.

As you've reinstalled Windows, please run this report collecting tool so that we can provide a complete analysis ):  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/
When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.
By default it'll be a .zip file located on your Desktop
Simply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.

#14 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 12:37 PM

Ahhh, I see. I'm a moron lol. I will go run the other tests. I have uploaded the .zip file for you. Again, thanks for being so kind and helping :)

Attached Files

#15 ediskeum

ediskeum
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2016 - 05:08 PM

Ok...well. I fixed it (it seems). The werfault were taken care of after turning them off and on teboot, bios update, vid card drivers reinstall (I thought). WELL apparently there is a check box I missed while uninstalling the vid card that uninstalls the drivers with it. Yeah missed that. No crashes after manually installing drivers and it has been an hour or so of fallout 4. I tried asking the computer it was better than me etc to no avail. Threatened to grab my gun and still nothing. Apparently was just accidently not uninstalling drivers. One month later. I'm happy tho. You guys do a good thing, and I appreciate all the help and letting me use you guys as a sounding board/venting area. I will hang around here as this place seems to have a great community and I love learning computer stuff. bleep around with my build has taught me a lot. So just remember people, if you run into a similar problem as I do a bios update/vid drivers reinstall. Also fiddle with the off on of the error reports. Much love,

Ben, proud owner of a functioning computer.

EDIT: I lied, it's crashing again... will run the diagnostics.

Edited by ediskeum, 03 January 2016 - 07:15 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users