Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unable To Access Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cumbiamo

cumbiamo

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 23 July 2006 - 01:45 PM

I spent over an hour with Charter's (ISP) tech dept. They said the modem has good signal. I am able to connect with this a different computer. If there was a malware issue, Buckeye Sam on the Hijackthis forum has helped my rid myself of it. I have released ip config, renewed, tried lpsfix, winsock reset, not even sure where to look. It seems that I end up going to a Private Ip Address. But, even then can't get to internet.

Any guidance on what questions to answer would be great... not sure what to provide not sure where to start

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2006 - 05:12 PM

Have you checked the WORKGROUP and USER name. Workgroup same as others, Computer name must be unique.
Unplug everything (Modem, router, computers) and let them sit for one moinute. Plug in the modem and wait oneminute. Plug in the router and wait for one minute. Turn on all the computers. This will reset the Rcache and reallocate the WAN and LAN IP addresses.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 cumbiamo

cumbiamo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 82 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2006 - 06:03 PM

yes, i did that with the isp tech guy. Modem, router, pc's. I am not on the router now I am connecting directly from modem. I just move cable from one to the other as I can only access on at a time. I've tried "repaing the connection but, it fails. ...

#4 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2006 - 11:14 PM

yes, i did that with the isp tech guy. Modem, router, pc's. I am not on the router now I am connecting directly from modem. I just move cable from one to the other as I can only access on at a time. I've tried "repaing the connection but, it fails. ...

Does this mean you can access the internet, just not thru the router?? Have you tried different ports on the router? I had one struck by lighting and it only burned out one port.
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users