Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The most bizarre wi-fi issue I've ever had.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 danthaman15

danthaman15

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:23 PM

So the day before Fallout 4 comes out, my signal suddenly cuts out from the Wi-Fi. It's not a red X, it's the "Connections are available" signal. I click it, and all the signals are available as normal, with full bars. I try to click on our router and connect, and I instantly (emphasis on instantly) get "Windows was unable to connect to the network". It has been this way ever since. Just suddenly happened. Bam, dead. Here are some specifics:

• The adapter is detecting all the signals perfectly fine. It's just a matter of connecting to the signal.

• One thing ends it for about a half hour, or close to that time: when I unplug the router and plug it back in, I can connect. But then the signal slowly dies off until it's dead in a 30 second time span that hits a while later. I've even watched the download speed for a file slowly die down from regular speed over the course of 30 seconds until the signal is dead again. The time until this 30 second death varies from a half hour to an hour to a few hours.

• I have already tried to buy a new adapter and returned it. The new one connected for 10 seconds, then disconnected for 15, then connected for 10 seconds, and so on and so forth. It's not an adapter issue.

• No other devices in the house are having issues. None of my roommates computers, or none of my other devices. Whatever the problem is, it's related to my desktop.

• The computer is having no other issues. Though, once in a while, it will BSOD, but that's been going on for years, and it's very rare, and I get the vibe it is unrelated, but there you go. I've cleaned out all torrents and cleaned the computer with CCleaner and Malawarebytes. I don't have a System Restore point available earlier than when this started.

Help is greatly, greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sp1ke0kill3r

sp1ke0kill3r

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:49 PM

danthaman15

You've only tried 1 AV product? Did you run MB in safe Mode?

Did you consider using wire shark to help diagnose?

#3 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:41 AM

Posted 30 November 2015 - 12:24 AM

Change your routers wifi channel.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users