Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Printer notifications not working

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cable2001

Cable2001

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:00 PM

I've upgraded a couple dozen computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and was informed today that on at least three of them the print notification balloons are no longer working. I have verified this is the case, especially since it is happening on my machine and I hadn't noticed. It might not be working on any of them and it definitely was in Windows 7. This is a mix of various Dell computers and various printers (both networked and slaved) with several different drivers and the notifications aren't working for any combination.

I first went into the Print Mangement App and checked on the Print Server Properties Advanced tab. Both "Show informational notifications for network printers" and "Show informational notifications for local printers" are properly checked. I tried unchecking and re-checking with no success.

I then went into the Registry Editor and manually deleted and re-added the keys for HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsLocal and HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Printers\Settings\EnableBalloonNotificationsRemote. No success.

I then went into the Group Polilcy Editor and went to the User Configuration/Administrative Templates/Start Menu and Taskbar to ebable the policy for "Disable showing balloon notifications as toasts" since I read that could cause problems. No luck.

I went into the notifications in settings and turned on all notifications for everything. No joy.

I need to get these working because while it doesn't affect most of my users, I do have a few that use that balloon as a check to be sure all expected pages printed from an ERP system and they write that number on a check sheet.

Anyone have any other ideas to try?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pravin007techno

pravin007techno

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 05:17 AM

It is possible that issues  already faceing that problem  printer issues

after. its install latest printer drivers its scussfully working for  easily supported 

I think download suitable printer drivers other website, if you need 

#3 Cable2001

Cable2001
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:46 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 07:58 AM

I tried downloading new and reinstalling drivers to no avail.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users