Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connect a network printer to guest SSID?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Ambisinistrous

Ambisinistrous

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:26 PM

Hi gang --

I have an AT&T-supplied NVG599 router, which has a guest network set up for my Airbnb visitors to use.  I bought a Xerox Phaser 6022 printer that I was going to put in the Airbnb unit--it supports both Apple AirPrint and Google Cloud Print so seemed like the easiest option for guests to use--but for the life of me I cannot get the printer to connect to the guest network.  Admittedly the whole point of the guest SSID is that users can't access anything else on my network, but I assume there must be some way to make this work.

At the moment the printer will connect wirelessly to my home network and everything works fine.  If I connect it to the guest SSID (192.168.2.2) it isn't recognized by anything else that connects to the guest network.  Desktop PC, iPad, nothin'.

Anybody have any ideas?  And bear in mind I'm an idiot so feel free to treat me like one.

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 technonymous

technonymous

• Members
  • 2,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:05 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:04 AM

Guests wifi usually cannot communicate with each other or communicate with your private. Best solution is to use e-print. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJtLrug1AwM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users