Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

NLS.DLL missing

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Rozzy70

Rozzy70

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:39 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:44 AM

I have had tremendous help with correcting my installer problems and thank those who advised.

However, I now have a completeley different problem.

I cannot install Lucid (a photography program) because when I go to activate it I get the message 'cannot activate NLS.DLL not found'.

I can install the program right up to that point with no problems. Itis on my system.

I ran a virus and malware check on this program before installing and it is installed perfectly on my W10 laptop.

The operating system I am using is W7 Home Premium 64 bit.

Can anyone tell me why this is happening please?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,266 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:39 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:40 PM

For info only:  http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/missing-not-found-error/dll/windows/novell-inc/cne-net-netware-5-beta-3/nls-dll/  .

It's a program file and if it's missing...I would suspect a corrupt download/installation.\

Louis

#3 Rozzy70

Rozzy70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:04 PM

Thank you for responding. That mystifies me, as I was able to install the copied download (from a USB) onto my other laptop with no problems. If it was corrupted it would not have installed using the same download.

I did go back to the program developer and download a 'new' version, only to have the same problem again.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:39 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:08 PM

You could try re-registering the .dll.

1. Open an elevated command prompt.
  2. Type the following command: regsvr32 /u NLS.DLL.
  3. Hit ENTER. This will UN-REGISTER your file.
  4. Type the following command: regsvr32 /i NLS.DLL.
  5. Hit ENTER. This will RE-REGISTER your file.
  6. Close the command prompt window.
  7. Re-start the program associated with NLS.DLL error.

Better now?

#5 Rozzy70

Rozzy70
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 06:59 AM

Hello all,

I tried the de-register re-register process and indeed the NLS.DLL is now present in the System 32 folder.  However the program will still not load.  I had an email from them in the small hours (!) inviting me to upload some plugins to give me the full range of apps for the program ($199) worth! I am now deleting this program as at no time during the initial installation and payment (£18.99) was I made aware that it was not the full program and that I would be tapped for further payments in order to have the full works - swizz!

The program?  Athentech's Lucid Perfectly Clear.  I think that the install will only work if I pay additionally.

My thanks to you for your suggestions - each of which I tried.

I cannot say they have not worked, as I believe, since the .dll is now present, that they have.  I leave you to dwell on the possiblities!!!

#6 dudeage

dudeage

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:39 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:41 PM

Have you tried running sfc /scannow from a command prompt window?  

That's designed to fix exactly this issue.  

#7 ssiddiqi

ssiddiqi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:29 AM

Have you tried running sfc /scannow from a command prompt window?  

That's designed to fix exactly this issue.  

I had same issue after transfering setting from old laptop to new laptop.  Go to %programdata%\Nalperion and delete all the files in Nalperion folder.  Restart Lucid, you should be on.  At this stage, Lucid will run in trial mode.  You may have to re-eneter the license keys.   The NLS Dll missing is a misleading message.  The error message is because of old licensing file in %programdata%\Nalperion folder.

#8 ssiddiqi

ssiddiqi

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2015 - 10:45 AM

Hello all,

I tried the de-register re-register process and indeed the NLS.DLL is now present in the System 32 folder.  However the program will still not load.  I had an email from them in the small hours (!) inviting me to upload some plugins to give me the full range of apps for the program ($199) worth! I am now deleting this program as at no time during the initial installation and payment (£18.99) was I made aware that it was not the full program and that I would be tapped for further payments in order to have the full works - swizz!

The program?  Athentech's Lucid Perfectly Clear.  I think that the install will only work if I pay additionally.

My thanks to you for your suggestions - each of which I tried.

I cannot say they have not worked, as I believe, since the .dll is now present, that they have.  I leave you to dwell on the possiblities!!!

I had same issue after transfering setting from old laptop to new laptop.  Go to %programdata%\Nalperion and delete all the files in Nalperion folder.  Restart Lucid, you should be on.  At this stage, Lucid will run in trial mode.  You may have to re-eneter the license keys.   The NLS Dll missing is a misleading message.  The error message is because of old licensing file in %programdata%\Nalperion folder.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users