Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

converting .mov

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 giraffasus

giraffasus

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 08:33 AM

I tried to import a .mov file into adobe premiere pro cs4 but was met with an unsupported file type. I did some research to learn that this particular .mov file with the codec H264-mpeg -4 AVC (part 10)(avc1) is not supported. I tried to convert the file using VLC player, but the converted file has no sound. After viewing a youtube video that explained how to fix this problem, I attempted the steps listed. Perhaps I missed something as after I imported the file into premiere, there still was no sound. Any help on this would be appreciated. I have to submit this video by tomorrow.

Edited by giraffasus, 23 November 2015 - 09:06 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 K6567

K6567

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:10 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:59 PM

Haven't used Premiere in a long.... time. Nonetheless your problem is the encoding since Premiere should have no problem with the .mov file container. Thus you'll need to re-encode the video file. Since time is short, I'm going to suggest this possible solution. Download and install Any Video Converter.  http://www.any-video-converter.com/products/for_video_free//  (please be careful to un-check any bundleware included). Drag the file you wish to convert in. In the upper right corner you'll see Output Presets. (While there are a number of outputs that could work with Premiere) I would first choose Customized AVI Movie. Next I would go to Video Options open  the drop down menu and choose mpeg2. The audio on this preset is set for mp3. Premiere should be able to work with the new file.   A second option would be to re-encode the .mov file by  (1) Preset select  Apple Quick Time Movie   (2) Video Output select  xvid or mpeg4   (3) Audio Output  select mp3 or aac.  Good luck!

#3 Tenis

Tenis

Bleepin' FX

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 1,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:57 AM

I would like to add this to K6567's reply:

If its just a audio problem you can just convert that video into audio using any freeware video converter then import the audio in premiere,Simple. :)

#4 giraffasus

giraffasus
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:10 PM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:24 AM

Sorry for the late reply. I have been busy. 

Indeed it had been awhile since I used premiere. I had already started the second suggestion before your reply. Thanks for the suggestion, but I am always wary of installing programs found somewhere randomly online. Cheers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users