Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

passwords

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 edkassirer

edkassirer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:33 AM

I hope someone can help.  My laptop was windows 7 and I have upgraded to windows 10.  Over the past few weeks i've seen that some updates have failed, and I was going to try the product on this site , windows all in one, to try and find out the problem.  so i followed the instructions for powering off, unplugging and removing battery to drain electricity, and then rebooted to "safe" level...and then.....i can't login from safe mode, it says password is incorrect, and i am unable to get OUT of safe level to sign in the regular way.  Please help, I am rather new to all of this.    ed kassirer

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:07 AM

Hello Edkassirer,

To be honest I`ve seen this couple of times and the problem with the passwords, mostly occur  due changing on E-mail login or using pin code to login.

The best you can do is to check if there is email under your account, in this case just try the password for the email set there.

As you mentioned you was using Windows 7 so I believe the PIN code scenario can be avoid.

So I believe your computer login password is your e-mail login password this happen to few people I know.
Cheers,

Andy 

#3 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,408 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 12:52 PM

The password may also be blank.

#4 edkassirer

edkassirer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:38 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 04:21 PM

thanks for the replies.  Now it is my google password that it is asking for, and i still login into my other computers using the same password, and the conversion from windows 7 to windows 10 was done about 2 months back.  now, the laptop in question used to belong to my mother, but she gave it to me and i now have myself as the admin, BUT, is it possible her login info is what it is seeking ?  so HOW do I get out of SAFE mode and back to regular mode ?    thanks again, Ed

#5 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:59 AM

edkassirer

Is really simple, hit the windows button + R and type in the run terminal "Msconfig"
Go to the second tab "boot" and remove the tick from "Safe boot"
Restart the PC and you will enter normal mode.

591x399ximage115.png.pagespeed.ic.2QuAGQ

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users