Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

cant activate windows 10

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nastybloodlust

nastybloodlust

• Members
  • 26 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 PM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:42 PM

what cant u do when windows to is unactivated? whats the difference between a activated windows 10 and a unactivated windows 10? please tell me

somehow my windows 10 isn't activated anymore after I restore it again and I don't see any restrictions....

Edited by nastybloodlust, 22 November 2015 - 08:51 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 276 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:16 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:15 AM

Well if you want to use Windows 10 you need to activated so most of the features will be unlocked depending on the product key you have.
Did you upgrade Windows 10 from old Windows 7,8 or you have installed fresh?
In case you updated from previous version you must have a product key integrated with the old version of Windows.
After the last update Microsoft allowed Windows 10 to be activated with product keys for Windows 7 and 8.
So my advise is to check for a Windows Product key sticker on the computer.
If is it a laptop shall be placed on the bottom or under the battery.
If is a desktop mostly the sticker is on the back of the computer.

if you do not have product key, that mean you was using pirate version of Windows 7 or 8 and Windows 10 will not work correctly until you purchase product key.

Cheers,
Andy 

#3 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,602 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:23 PM

what cant u do when windows to is unactivated? whats the difference between a activated windows 10 and a unactivated windows 10? please tell me

There's no real differences, except some features aren't available (like setting up a background picture, having to deal with the "Enter a product key" message everytime you login, etc.) Legally speaking, you shouldn't be using an unlicenced version of Windows.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users