Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Win10 won't detect WiFi network

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SkurbRN67

SkurbRN67

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:35 PM

I have a Lenovo Y470 that I upgraded to Win10 about a month ago. All worked fine until today when the WiFi randomly disconnected. Now I can't even detect my network (yes it is broadcasting the SSID). I can see my neighbors networks. My other devices can detect and connect to my network fine.

I've tried rebooting router, renaming ssid, reinstalling network adapter, deleting the ssid from registry.... Any other ideas? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 07:20 AM

Hi SkurbRN67,

You can use this procedure:

Step 1: To begin, launch Command Prompt as Admin. To do this, simply right click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.

Step 2: Enter the following command and hit the Enter key: reg delete HKCR\CLSID\{988248f3-a1ad-49bf-9170-676cbbc36ba3} /va /f

Step 3: Now enter this command, and press Enter once more: netcfg -v -u dni_dne

Preferably, you should restart your computer and check back with your Wi-Fi settings.

All networks around you should now be visible and you should be able to connect to them easily.

I hope this will help you.

Cheers,
Andy

Mod edit :  This information is taken from an article on 'Redmond Pie'. The full srticle can be found here :-

http://www.redmondpie.com/fix-no-wi-fi-available-after-windows-10-upgrade-issue-heres-how/

Chris Cosgrove

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 24 November 2015 - 06:39 PM.

#3 SkurbRN67

SkurbRN67
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

Andy,

Thank you very much for the reply.  It's strange, when I went to my computer to try your advice, the WiFi was magically working again so I never got to even try.  If it happens again, this will be the first thing I try.  Thanks.

#4 Bulgaristan

Bulgaristan

• Members
  • 294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 07:53 AM

You are more than welcome :)

#5 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:50 PM

....and here I was...waiting with bated breath , to see if Bulgaristan's fix actually worked !!....

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users