Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

winows 10 mega problems since early nov update

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 CRtea

CRtea

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:58 PM

Hello I am hoping that you will help me with the attached error problems. on my P.

Rght now the only way I can get on the internet is to use my Vpn and i only did that by chance. I used that  a setting that I assume is for laptops that said connect to vpn first  before that I had nothing.

I guess I should put an age warning first as I am a senior  with limited computer skills :)

But I follow direcions well.

I get a kerrnal error and a dns error

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CRtea

CRtea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:11 PM

Sorri for the typo's

here is the error i keep getting.

I solved the internet connection by reloading network drivers so am now connected.

Attached Files

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 09:54 AM

Let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

Otherwise this tends to look similar to many other problems that we've seen with W10 being installed on well-used systems.

There's a couple of things to try:
1)  Run the following command in a Powershell window that's run as an Administrator in order to re-register the Windows Store apps:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
From this article:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/re-register-windows-store-apps
Be sure that Edge is closed (in Task Manager).  Cortana will spit an error as it's still running - don't worry about that for now.

2)  Uninstall your antivirus, then use the removal tool for it (there's a list of most of them here:  http://www.carrona.org/avuninst.html ), then install a freshly downloaded, W10 compatible version.  Some A/V have difficulties with the upgrade, so removing them and then reinstalling them will help how they run.

3)  Download fresh copies of the latest, W10 compatible audio and video drivers for your system.  Then uninstall the current versions from your system.  Then install the freshly downloaded versions.

4)  Get ALL available Windows Updates

5)  Get ALL available, W10 compatible drivers/programs from the manufacturer's website.  If some aren't compatible w/W10, check here about uninstalling them.

6)  Get ALL available, W10 compatible drivers/programs for any add-on hardware and any software that you installed previously.  If they aren't compatible, please uninstall them.

If this doesn't fix things, then post back so we can discuss the following options:
- continuing to attempt to fix this copy of the OS
- Reset of the OS (considering both the "Keep My Files" and the "Remove Everything" options)
- revert to the previous OS (both at less than 30 days, and at more than 30 days since initial update)
- revert to the previous OS with another attempt at installing W10 (I don't recommend this)
- clean install of the previous OS
- clean install of the previous OS, then update to W10 (only needed if a clean install of W10 fails)
- W10 clean install
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 CRtea

CRtea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:01 PM

Hi

thank you for the help

Attached Files

#5 CRtea

CRtea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:27 PM

Step 2

Attached Files

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 25 November 2015 - 08:10 AM

Your UEFI/BIOS (version 1102) dates from 2014.  Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any UEFI/BIOS updates available for your system.  If you are able to install the update through Windows (without booting from an external drive), then go ahead and update it.  WARNING - if the computer might shut down during this procedure, please don't do it, as this may physically damage the computer and prevent it from booting.

My system has 4 hotfix's installed (I also have build 10586 of W10) - yours only has 2.  Please check to be sure that you have ALL available Windows Updates

Many, many Store errors in the WER section of MSINFO32 (StoreAgentScanForUpdatesFailure error)

Please do this:

Run the following command in a Powershell window that's run as an Administrator in order to re-register the Windows Store apps:

Get-AppXPackage | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}
From this article:  http://www.thewindowsclub.com/re-register-windows-store-apps
Be sure that Edge is closed (in Task Manager).  Cortana will spit an error as it's still running - don't worry about that for now.

Then, after a while, check the WER section of MSINFO32 to see if the errors are repeating (it's the last section in MSINFO32).

Be sure to check the dates.  If it is recurring, then post back for other things to try.

I can't see anything significant that may apply to the internet problems.

I'd suggest posting your FARBAR logfile over in the Networking forums to see if they can help out with the DNS issues.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#7 CRtea

CRtea
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:12 PM

Many thanks and great appreciation for your help in this .

The gods of windows 10 internet connection seem to have embraced me for now (reinstalled realtec and amd drivers).

I think the bios thing may be more then I can handle so will take the pc in to store to get looked at the next time we go to town

Hope the kindness and helpfullness you have given me comes back to you a ten fold.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users