Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

the Major windows 10 update ruined my computer

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 KJRose

KJRose

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

All I did was the major update which apparently removed the software and replaced it. Well why in the world would it mess up my Uverse connection and insists I am not connected and then displays airplane mode...why did it delete CCleaner? Why did it rob my license from my Adobe programs.( I have 2 that cost a fortune, Dreamweaver 6cs and Photoshop CS6 and can replace the license)  Above all what happened to my One Drive? It is not accessable and says I have to do something in the control panel, What a mess and I am in a fix since I need those things to ready my son's business site for Christmas. BY the way about the connection, it keeps disconnecting and going to airplane mode, However it does not effect the web connection,, I checked the connection and it is on my router..in on mode but I sm not sure what is going on,

Thank you

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 from0toHero

from0toHero

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 11:45 AM

When u turned to windows 10 did u install it as a clean installation or did u use it as a upgarde? 

#3 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

I upgraded via the Win 10 icon that was in the system tray, I reset once since then and a couple days ago there was a major upgrade to windoes 10 and then everything went haywire. I am still working on it..

#4 from0toHero

from0toHero

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 01:34 PM

I understand. Do you have any backups? Maybe that would help.

#5 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:08 PM

The only thing I have is a win7 premium disc. Honestly I have been struggling with windows 10 since most of my usage is websites.What would happen if I got a win10 disc and formatted and installed?

#6 cmptrgy

cmptrgy

• Members
  • 1,668 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 AM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 01:33 AM

It sounds like you would prefer to stay with Windows 10

However, for the sake of the programs that are lost, are you within the 30 day time period in which you can revert back to Windows 7?

#7 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 05:57 PM

I will format very soon, There are a few problems with windows 10 I do not like. I have a disc for this computer for windows 7 home premium and I will go back. I will just copy my documents and put them back on after I reinstall. The frustration I had to face Is not worth it to me.

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:10 PM

Don't forget to backup your browser bookmarks. If you have had Windows 10 for less than 30 days Microsoft give the option to revert back to the previous OS but I would still back up your documents.

http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

#9 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

It's beem over 30 days so I have no option to revert back, but I think my computer will run better for what I need it for with windows 7.. thank you

#10 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  

Posted 29 November 2015 - 07:04 PM

Yes, sometimes you are better off keeping Windows 7 vs going to Windows 10. There are a lot of issues with Windows 7 upgrading to 10. Not so much with Windows 8 computers. Microsoft is going with another major Windows 10 update next year called Redstone. 

#11 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:07 PM

Redstone? Now I am really confused ... what about the commercials that say in so many words that kids will never have to worry  cause they will grow up with windows 10 ? Now I am wondering if I can get this formatted and have as good as a system as my windows  once was...? I have my windows 7 disc in my hand with my personal serial which is the same one windows used.

#12 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,291 posts
  •  

Posted 07 December 2015 - 01:14 PM

Redstone is the next major update after Threshold 2. Due out sometime next year. Before upgrading to Redstone I would recommend doing a disk image backup to an external hard drive using something like Macrium Free or Aoemi Backupper Standard.

http://www.pcworld.com/article/2999960/windows/report-major-windows-10-update-codenamed-redstone-due-next-summer.html

#13 KJRose

KJRose
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 19 January 2016 - 02:57 PM

Okay and thank you ever so much JohnC_21. 

#14 omgbrokendreamz1122

omgbrokendreamz1122

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:00 AM

Posted 19 January 2016 - 07:44 PM

I am finding Windows 10 programs that I install to be disappearing once in awhile. Like Hotspot Shield, and some others. Really strange, but don't be suprised because your not alone. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users