Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP Configuration blank, unable to connect to the Internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 chanyeol

chanyeol

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:03 PM

Hello. My computer has been beyond repair for six months now, and I haven't got the money or time to repair it yet. Six months earlier, my computer didn't allow me to log on except if I only went on safe mode. After fixing that issue, I was able to log on, but the symbol for the Internet connection would match a little computer that was right next to a red "X" mark on it. I've tried everything, from resetting winsock to changing things in regedit to even buying a wireless USB adapter, but to no avail! Keep in mind that my USB port works perfectly, so this is extremely frustrating. I even tried using an Ethernet cable, but nothing is allowing me to connect to the internet. Is my computer beyond repair, or can it still be fixed? This is an extremely frustrating issue that I've had to deal with for so long, so fast replies would be appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 masterthemachines

masterthemachines

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

Hello there, 

Can you try to go into the Command Prompt (cmd) and write: ipconfig /release and after wards ipconfig /renew

https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~help/networking/IP_renew.html

Hope this helps! 

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:26 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 05:19 PM

"My computer has been beyond repair for six months now, and I haven't got the money or time to repair it yet."

I would suggest at this point you should reinstall the OS and start fresh.  Its more time initially but working with a semi fixed broken system is also nonproductive.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users