Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Conjecture Topic: What happens with Resets now?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 britechguy

britechguy

Been there, done that, got the T-shirt

• 8,138 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:46 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 11:12 AM

Or at least I think this will be pure conjecture until/unless Microsoft announces something.

What happens on systems on which the Fall Update has been already applied and upon which a Reset recovery is performed?  Does it go back to the pre-Fall-Update build of Windows 10 or is some mechanism in place that allows machines that have already been updated to access a different build if they Reset?

Perhaps someone here has already needed to do this and can give a definitive answer.  Right now I really don't know exactly what I would recommend as far as doing a Reset recovery on a post-Fall-Update state machine.

Brian  AKA  Bri the Tech Guy (website in my user profile) - Windows 10 Home, 64-Bit, Version 1803, Build 17134 

Memory is a crazy woman that hoards rags and throws away food.

~ Austin O'Malley

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:46 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:27 PM

I would think that an upgraded machine would reset to the upgraded state. I'm running 1015, and wouldn't expect it to reset to the RTM, any more than I would expect it to reset to 7. But what do I know?

Obviously, there is a reason for MS having pulled to upgraded MCT. and unless we know that reason, we can't predict the outcome of a reset.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users