Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Chrome always crashes

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Fixing1

Fixing1

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 08:26 AM

Hi all! I'm not shure if there s anything that anyone can help me with but I constantly have windows Chrome crash on me and I was wondering if there is anything I can do to stop that from happening.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mikey11

mikey11

• Members
  • 1,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:Psychiatric Ward @ Beelitz-Heilstatten Hospital, Beelitz, Germany
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

the first thing i would try is to delete chrome and re-install it,

back up your favorites before deleting

#3 softwaremaniac

softwaremaniac

• Malware Study Hall Senior
  • 945 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 PM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:10 AM

Do you mean Google Chrome? Please run adwcleaner and attach the logs in the next reply.

#4 Fixing1

Fixing1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 09:55 AM

Yes! I'm sorry for the incorrectness. I have just recently completed one of those scans which you can see from here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596925/computer-running-slow/

If you would like me to run it again it's not a problem :)

Will re-instaling really help to stop that from happening?

#5 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:19 PM

softwaremanic, Tools used for malware scanning are not allowed outside malware removal forums.

Because you posted a log for AdwCleaner in your Am I Infected topic do NOT post one in this topic.

Normally when someone has an open topic in Am I Infected other topics by that person are closed until an AII helper declares the system clean.

In your case, your AII helper states nothing malicious was found. Therfore this topic will be left open.

Should any other actions in your AII topic indicate malware this topic will be closed.

#6 Fixing1

Fixing1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  

Posted 22 November 2015 - 01:29 PM

Oh ok! So is there anything I can do on this issue?

#7 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:04 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

Oh ok! So is there anything I can do on this issue?

Hi Fixing1 ^_^,

Could you please follow the below instructions and upload the ZIP File? Even if you are not experiencing any BSODs, it would help us in diagnosing the problem :)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

Also, could you please post a list of the extensions which you have installed in Chrome?

-Pranav

Member of the Bleeping Computer A.I.I. early response team!

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#8 Fixing1

Fixing1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  

Posted 26 November 2015 - 03:58 AM

O.K I'll do this some time today

#9 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:03 PM

Hi Fixing1,

My exams are coming and I have very limited time so there would be some delay before I reply to your post. It will take me some more time.

Thanks!

Regards,
Pranav

In case I have been helping you and you haven't received a reply from me in 48 hours, please feel free to PM me. Anything else? Still feel free to PM me :)

Did you read this? http://omgdebugging.com/5-tips-for-getting-the-best-bang-for-the-buck-at-fast-food-joints/

#10 Fixing1

Fixing1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2015 - 05:18 PM

Attached File  SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   1.54MB   3 downloadsAttached File  report.zip   2.28MB   0 downloads here are the reports and the list of extensions.

Let me know if they are all the right things that you wanted

#11 Fixing1

Fixing1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 350 posts
  •  

Posted 17 December 2015 - 02:38 PM

Hello again, were you able to look over those documents

#12 blueelvis

blueelvis

Bleep Blop Bleep

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,666 posts
  •  

Posted 18 December 2015 - 05:12 AM

Hi Fixing1 ^_^,

I checked the files and according to them, I see that you had almost 60 tabs opened at the time of running the Sysnative App. Is there any specific website which on visiting crashes Chrome? Does chrome crash when you have few tabs opened?

Also, could you please try resetting Chrome and see if it works or not? Follow the below guide on how to reset Chrome -
http://www.howtogeek.com/171924/how-to-reset-your-web-browser-to-its-default-settings/

Note :- Resetting Chrome will erase almost everything — your extensions, settings, cookies, history, home page, default search engine, and more. Chrome won’t delete your bookmarks or passwords, so your important personal data will be kept.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

Regards,
Pranav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users