Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

files encrypted and renamed

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevevdb

stevevdb

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 07:43 AM

Hi

I have a small problem: on november 19 a lot of files became encrypted and renamed with the following text: id123456789_emaIl1_key@asteroidmail.com_email2_key@moonlinet.com

The filename stays the same but the last section referring to the e-mail addresses is added and the type of file is changed to exe format.

So far unable to find the pc which is causing the problem, I used 4 AV's so far: Mcafee, Symatec, Kaspersky and Antimalwarebytes. 

At this very moment I was only able to find something about this on a german and danish website but no solution.

Does anyone have a clue what this is?

The files are encrypted and changed to an EXE.

What I did:

Scan the registry for any changes on a certain date: nothing;

Scanning the files which computer/user changed a large amount of data on the network drive: nothing;

Checking all the pcs: nothing to be found, it appears this one only has a go on network drives;

November 20: no files were encrypted that day, I scanned the entire network share for changes that day 3 times!

So I am at the end of my search, help...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,591 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:25 PM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 10:09 AM

Your issue appears to be related to these discussion topics:It is believed that this infection is part of a ransomware kit that different affiliates utilize with their own payment email addresses which explains all the "@" ransomwares which have been reported.

Kaspersky Lab has a utility called RakhniDecryptor that is able to brute force the decryption key for some types of these <filename>.<original_extension>.<"@" variants.

For instructions for using RakhniDecryptor, please refer to this BC news article...Rather than have everyone start individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any questions, comments or requests for assistance in one of the above support topic discussions. Doing that will also ensure you receive proper assistance from our crypto malware experts since they may not see this thread. To avoid unnecessary confusion...this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users