Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Simple app to remotely lock Android device?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Carlos Sanchez

Carlos Sanchez

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • Local time:05:49 AM

Posted 22 November 2015 - 04:59 AM

My daughter is spending (too) much time with electronics. I've managed to avoid psychical confrontation (e.g. offensively grabbing the keyboard and shutting down) by using a tiny daemon in Windows, giving me the option to put the PC in hibernation mode (thus password lock on wake-up) with a single click (read: touch) from my phone. This is neat. However, she's spending at least the same time with a 10" tablet, running non-rooted Android 4.2.x at the moment. I was thinking, is there something similar that I could install into the tablet, so that I can remotely put the tablet to sleep from for example my phone or PC? I know there are full-featured suits like AirDroid but it feels a bit "too much" for this simple task. Trying to figure out the perfect Google search string to fetch what I'm looking for. There must be millions of other parents around the globe, tired of more or less having to psychically pull the electronic device for their kid(s) to let go of them. Oh, would Android API even allow this sort of implant without rooting? I'm dazed and clueless!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 resa83

• Members
  • 163 posts
  • Local time:10:49 PM

Posted 24 November 2015 - 03:49 PM

It's the best app I've ever come across! You can do so much with this app! You can lock the device from any browser as long as you know her gmail account log in information associated with the android device.
You should look into it. Hope this helps. Any questions, feel free to ask :)

#3 gunetel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  • Local time:12:49 PM

Posted 27 November 2015 - 02:48 AM

Team viewer is a nice one for that purpose

#4 Zahid Iqbal1

Zahid Iqbal1

• Members
  • 22 posts
  • Local time:09:49 AM

Posted 06 December 2015 - 02:11 AM