Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Computer keeps refreshing when the internet is connected

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jan11557

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • Local time:03:30 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:09 PM

I run on Windows 8. I noticed the computer kept refreshing to desktop page, may be every 10 seconds. When the internet cable was unplugged it was OK.  I have done the following things and led to believe the problem is at the hard drive.
1. I changed the cable and nothing improved,  which led me to think the hardware problem at the cable plug-in area.
2. I used wireless adapter. it didn't help which led me to think the motherboard was faulty. 
3. I bought a used computer running Windows 7. It runs OK with the cable plugged in.
4. In order to run the programs and file in the original computer, I installed the hard drive from that computer as C:. As soon as the internet cable is plugged in, the computer started refreshing.
5. With this hard drive installed as non C drive, I run the "housecall" from Trendmicro and found no virus or spam ware. 
6. I came back to the original computer. It runs perfect as long the cable is not plugged in.
Any suggestion? What driver or programs run when the cable is plugged in? Since I can't connect the computer to internet with this hard drive I can't run Windows update.

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by jan11557, 22 November 2015 - 10:55 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users