Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New Member with first post

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 wdc202

wdc202

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 06:54 PM

Hello all. I am a new member and a beginner, despite the fact I have been using PCs for more than a dozen years. I was getting comfortable with XP when I ran out of free space on my C:drive and treated (??) myself to a new W8.1 desktop.  I am still in the "XP was so much better" mode. I learned of BleepingComputer from a post i received from the Geeks to Go forum and was impressed by one of your tutorials. 

FWIW, I have a suggestion: when sending a member a "new password" email it would be helpful if you would say how one goes about <changing one's password> on the forum.

So my first question: How do I go about changing the password you supplied me to one of my choice?  Thanks. .... wdc

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,681 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:24 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 07:47 PM

Hi wdc :)

First of all, welcome to BleepingComputer, hope that you'll enjoy your time here!

Secondly, you can change your password via the UserCP (User Control Panel). Here's a link that will take you to the page to change your password.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?app=core&module=usercp&tab=core&area=email

Let us know if you have any other questions regarding the process or the UserCP!

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users