Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop trodden on, now touchpad won't work

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 marlow77

marlow77

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:21 PM

Hi wonder if anyone can help. My laptop was trodden on whilst closed (so the screen side of it) by a 6yr old boy, all of his weight on it. Screen didn't break in anyway shape or form but the touchpad won't work at all yet there is nothing on the system saying it isn't working. Device manager says all ok. Also a mouse works. Any idea? Thanks

It's an EasyNote TS, windows 7.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:04 PM

Some very delicate electronics involved in that touch pad.  Usually as an assembly with the keyboard.  Spare parts may be available, either from the mfgr or on the internet.

#3 TLARbb

TLARbb

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 03:36 PM

Or, perhaps someone wants, maybe even desperately a laptop with a non-working touchpad.  Just a thought.   I'm trying to get my touchpad to stay disabled and it still wants to hijack my thumbs while I'm typing.

EJ

#4 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,828 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 05:28 PM

I hatethose touch pads.  I kept brushing my sleeve across it and sending things off into the blue.  Bought a Lenovo model that has a Shift/F6 to disable it.

#5 marlow77

marlow77
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 11 December 2015 - 07:19 AM

Well You won't believe it but all it simply was was one of the F keys which disables the touchpad for when you use a mouse had been pressed :hysterical: :smash:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users