Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Help bot

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:41 PM

When the help bot on the other forum asks if you still need help and you follow its link and click yes.

Does the bot acknowledge you complied with its instructions and you have been returned to the active list?

Mod Edit:  Moved from Gen Security to Announcement, Comments - Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 22 November 2015 - 08:51 AM.
Moved from AII to 'General Security by Chris - Hamluis.'

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,911 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 02:31 AM

Hello,

If you follow step one and indicate on the form that you still need help, your topic is placed in an active topic list where the team members can see it.  There is also a message you are presented with on the screen at the time that you click and submit that you still need assistance.

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 PM

Posted 23 November 2015 - 09:01 AM

Thank you.  I did find out the next day when I clicked on the link again that the link was dead because the message had already been replied to and I was re qued I guess.  I just was not shure it had gone thru or not.  Since nothing visable happened when clicked or message saying your message has been sent or anything.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users