Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Upgraded to Windows 10, can't connect to internet

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:56 AM

I just upgraded my ASUS X205T laptop to Windows 10. Now it cannot find any internet networks. When I troubleshoot it says "The Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter adapter is experiencing driver- or hardware related problems."

I'm not sure what to do. FYI: There's no option to rollback to Windows 8.1 option in the Recovery section of Update & Security.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:57 AM

You can get the driver for your wireless card from the Asus website here. Choose Windows 10 32 bit from the dropdown list and download and install both. Its always best to install the Chipset driver first so do that. With the Chipset drivers installed the other devices will be properly recognized. If everything looks ok in Device Manager you could stop there but to get the best functionality out of your EeeBook you should download and install the rest.

You can download these drivers using another pc and save them to a flash drive to transfer them to your EeeBook for installation. With the Chipset driver and wireless ones installed you should be able to access the Asus driver page directly from the EeeBook and you can then download and install the rest.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:06 PM

You can get the driver for your wireless card from the Asus website here. Choose Windows 10 32 bit from the dropdown list and download and install both. Its always best to install the Chipset driver first so do that. With the Chipset drivers installed the other devices will be properly recognized. If everything looks ok in Device Manager you could stop there but to get the best functionality out of your EeeBook you should download and install the rest.

You can download these drivers using another pc and save them to a flash drive to transfer them to your EeeBook for installation. With the Chipset driver and wireless ones installed you should be able to access the Asus driver page directly from the EeeBook and you can then download and install the rest.

Thanks but I can't get to the internet at all from the laptop so I can't access the website. There doesn't appear to be an Ethernet plug. I'll try it with a flashdrive.

Edited by kmgilroy89, 21 November 2015 - 12:07 PM.

#4 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:16 PM

I downloaded them to a flashdrive, but where do I save them to?

#5 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 12:20 PM

You can move them from the flash drive them to a folder you create on your C: drive, save them to your desktop or just run them from the flash drive.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#6 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 01:11 PM

I'm still getting the same message.

I downloaded and installed the Chipset, WirelessRadioControl, and WLAN_Broadcom_Win10_32...

When I go to Device Manager-Network adapters-Broadcom 802.11abgn Wireless SDIO Adapter the Device Status reads:

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

{Operation Failed}

The requested operation was unsuccessful.

Edited by kmgilroy89, 21 November 2015 - 01:27 PM.

#7 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 02:33 PM

Just to be clear, you unzipped the files and ran setup.exe from the chipset and then the wireless driver and PPINST.exe from the wireless radio control?

#8 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:34 PM

Just to be clear, you unzipped the files and ran setup.exe from the chipset and then the wireless driver and PPINST.exe from the wireless radio control?

Correct. I had to extract PNPINST and then run, but I did those things in that order. Then I ran setup.exe for WLAN_Broadcom_Win10_32_VER59310320

#9 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 03:55 PM

You also extracted the chipset and wireless drivers before running setup?

Are there any unknown devices in device manager? Any yellow question marks there?

Stupid question, but is the wireless adapter turned on? There should be a key on the keyboard that turns it on and off.

#10 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:15 PM

You also extracted the chipset and wireless drivers before running setup?

Are there any unknown devices in device manager? Any yellow question marks there?

Stupid question, but is the wireless adapter turned on? There should be a key on the keyboard that turns it on and off.

There's nothing to extract. I don't see a question mark, just an exclamation point on the adapter. Bluetooth is on and it's not in airplane mode.

Edited by kmgilroy89, 21 November 2015 - 04:15 PM.

#11 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:30 PM

All three drivers, the chipset, the wireless and the wireless control are zipped files that need to be extracted.

Perhaps try running the Win 8 32 bit wireless Broadcom driver and see if that removes the yellow exclamation point on the wireless card.

Pressing the Fn key + F2 enables/disables the wireless function. PNPINST.exe is the driver that enables those keys to be able to do that. Are you sure that it is enabled?

#12 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:46 PM

All three drivers, the chipset, the wireless and the wireless control are zipped files that need to be extracted.

Perhaps try running the Win 8 32 bit wireless Broadcom driver and see if that removes the yellow exclamation point on the wireless card.

Pressing the Fn key + F2 enables/disables the wireless function. PNPINST.exe is the driver that enables those keys to be able to do that. Are you sure that it is enabled?

Fn+F2 isn't working. I've ran PNPINST several times and it restarted my computer each time.

#13 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 04:51 PM

Once I downloaded the 8.1 driver I found the internet. Thanks for your help.

#14 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:16 PM

After the internet working for a little bit it stopped. I see my networks, but there' connectivity issues. When I troubleshoot it says:

"One or more network protocols are missing on this computer"

When I look at the detailed report I see 

"Windows Sockets registry entries required for network connectivity are missing."

#15 kmgilroy89

kmgilroy89
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 21 November 2015 - 05:42 PM

I Googled the problem and found a command. That seems to have fixed the problem for now. Thanks for all your help.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users