Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gmail Virus

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bobo44

• Members
  • 4 posts
  • Local time:10:34 AM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 10:23 AM

I infected another computer through Google Drive/or Gmail, I used no other devices(USB Sticks, Cds). Now it has the same Trojan(Eldorado...)

How can I proceed now with Gmail? 

If we assume, I have treated the computers, what should I do with Gmail/Drive? 

As I know, that Google just acquired one of our favorite antivirus tools, VirusTotal

Does that mean, they really use Virus Total, while uploading the files? 

Are there any better Tolls, than Virus Total, or some, that supplement it?

There must be a virus in Gmail, that is not detected by Virus Total and it installs the Eldorado Virus.

Edited by hamluis, 22 November 2015 - 08:53 AM.
Moved from General Security to Am I Infected - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nikhil_CV

Vestibulum Bleep

• Members
  • 1,145 posts
  • Local time:03:04 PM

Posted 21 November 2015 - 11:00 AM

Hi and :welcome: to BC!
Infection is possibly via opening attachments or files shared via google services.
The best possible way after disinfection is to change and tighten up security (email passwords, security questions, 2FA etc)
Virus total is an online service to scan for threat in a suspecious file. IDK if it was integrated with other google services.
Similar to virustotal,Jotti's Malware Scan  , ThreatExpert  , herdProtect

Regards : CV                                                                                                    There is no ONE TOUCH key to security!
                                                                                                                                       Be alert and vigilant....!
                                                                                                                                  Always have a Backup Plan!!! Because human idiotism doesn't have a cure! Stop highlighting!
                                                     Questions are to be asked, it helps you, me and others.  Knowledge is power, only when its shared to others.            :radioactive: signature contents © cv and Someone....... :wink:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users